Priceline Hotel: 3* Vail (Breckenridge) Great Divide Lodge

PHILK
By PHILK,
in

Used Lowballers "intentional underbid" stratgey here, with a little twist. A friend of mine and I are skiing at Breck and wanted to stay in town. Started bidding at $40 in $2 increments for a stay of 12/10-12/16 and got rejected up to $60 (It was tedious but interesting). I got wary of why my bidd was not being accepted and went on line to Travelocity for hotels. I clicked on their rate for Great Divide (the only hotel in Breck for priceline) and saw that their holiday rate for the last day of my bid (12/16) went from $75 for 12/15 to $139 for 12/16. This blew my mind (it's a Thursday of all days) but then figured out that the holiday rates must be kicking in on Thursday. Therefore, I shortened my stay in Breck by one day. Bid $64, was rejected and then hit on $66.

Total= $330 + 49.64=379.64

This is my first time using priceline and this web site was tremendous at helping me with my bid. Thanks to everyone. I felt like I got a good deal for a great ski town. :)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congratulations on your win... we're glad the tips on the board were helpful in your success.

Just a note that there could always be other 3* hotles in this area besides this one, this is just currently the only known property in this area.

Have a great stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]