Do priceline and hotwire have the same opaque deals where overlap exists?

tronic
By tronic,
in

If Hotel A participates in opaque deals in City A with both Hotwire and Priceline, do they accept the same price from each company?

Is it "Hey Priceline and Hotwire we have opaque rooms available for $100 a night."

or

"Hey Priceline we have opaque rooms available for $100 a night," and "Hey Hotwire we have opaque rooms available for $120 a night."

Maybe no one knows.

The reason I ask is because I've identified an opaque hotel on Hotwire for $340 a night, but would like to use Priceline for the chance at a cheaper rate. In my situation, will this particular hotel also go for $340 a night on opaque Priceline since its $340 on Hotwire?

*****I know that there are tons of variables and I might get a different hotel for a cheaper price before I get to $340, so I'm just asking for my education.

Hotwire and Priceline are different companies with different inventories of hotels. While some over-lap is of course possible, it is not something upon which to rely.

Hotwire star ratings tend to be a little more generous that Priceline star ratings. Maybe a half star. There are examples where hotels bear the same star rating, but there are also examples where there is a full star difference (Hotwire awarding more stars).

Priceline tends to be a little less expensive than Hotwire, but not necessarily so.

To answer your specific example, you've got a chance of getting a cheaper rate with Priceline. Or maybe a better hotel for the same money.

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]