Priceline Hotel: What is Express Deals

St. Louis Bill
By St. Louis Bill,
in

Looking for a hotel in Manhattan 5/14-5/21 saw the win at the Algonquin and I went to Priceline and saw Express Deals and this almost looks like their regular hotels. Is there a strategy I'm missing on or is this something that get better closer to actual travel dates. Both wins had good prices. We would like a nice hotel preferably near a subway but understand that is probably impossible to guarantee. Thanks.

Express deals is a new side of the service where users are presented with a series of listings rather similar to HOTWIRE. The name of the hotel is not revealed until after purchase and at that point, similar to both NYOP on PRICELINE and HOTWIRE, the reservation cannot be changed or cancelled. Few express deals listings have been reported to the board, but more are starting to come in by the day.

The Algonquin win is for a different set of date/s, so rates for your date/s are going to differ and inventory is going to differ, possibly substantially.

There is no way to guarantee a hotel near the subway.

Are you seeing a PRICELINE EXPRESS deals listing of interest in your price range?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Most of the Express deals I have seen are in the $270 - 300 range. So still a little high. I can normally get a rate of around $240 at some Marriott Properties but after adding taxes the total price is over $2000. Right now I'm trying to bring it in closer to $1200 but tomorrow I'll try some 3 1/2* Right now I've been just looking at 4* basically trying all over the City adding an area then increasing the bid by a few $. I may also try to identify the the 3* in Long Island City to see if it's the Holiday Inn. I'll try rebidding tomorrow after waiting 24 hours using your link. Thanks

• 11 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]