Hotwire Hotel: 3* Kansas City (Merriam-Lenexa) Holiday Inn Hotel

gruntlumber
By gruntlumber,
in

Just booked this a moment ago. I could've booked a 3 star on Priceline for $35, but with the Entertainment $30 rebate this was a slightly better deal. Amenities include Restaurant, Pool(s), & Fitness Center. Hotel website actually says it has indoor and outdoor pool, and the lowest booking rate online is $80.80. Orbitz actually said this hotel was full, but InterContinental says otherwise.

Since I live in the area I can tell you this area has been under major construction for quite awhile. As a result there is no interstate access at this exit. Hopefully this will be fixed soon, but I thought you might want to know this if you are considering staying here.

Guess i need to open my eyes more :)

Since there are a few Holiday Inn properties in the Kansas City area, can you add the address of this property. Based upon the price you mentioned i'm guessing it's the Overland Park West property at 8787 Reeder Road, but if you could confirm it would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, your are assuming the correct address.

I was very disappointed in the fact the pool was not open during this stay. It seems to me if there is pool maintanance (or fitness, or anything) scheduled at a hotel property for, say, a month, Hotwire would not list a pool as an amenity during these dates. I could easily have saved money and stayed elsewhere instead of paying a premium for a 3-star hotel with pool. Has anyone had any luck complaining about this and getting reimbursed in any way?

Yes, contact Hotwire.

Let us know what the resolution is.

PS- if they tell you that the pool is "subject to closing" reply that their website only states "seasonal" and when you purchase a hotel with a pool icon during the summer you expect to be able to go swimming

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Wow, I'm glad you told me to contact Hotwire about this. Here is their reply:

Thank you for your feedback about your stay at the Holiday Inn Hotel &

Suites Overland Park West, KS in Shawnee Mission. We sincerely apologize

that the hotel did not meet your expectations. Customer feedback helps

us ensure that our properties continue to meet the high quality

expectations we expect from all of our partners.

Please accept our apologies along with 50 HotDollars, which we have

added to your Hotwire account under [email protected]. One HotDollar

is equivalent to one U.S. dollar in value when used for any future

purchase on the Hotwire Web site. Our customers are important to us, and

we hope to have a chance to better serve your needs in the near future.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]