Priceline Hotel: Resort Tucson (La Paloma - Ventana Canyon) Lodge At Ventana Canyon

Naearea
By Naearea,
in

Hello everybody,

Priceline is very new to me, and I just 'won' my first hotel.

I won the Lodge at Ventana Canyon, Tucson. I bid from 40 to 66. (20 august till 23 august)

So i have won it for 66$. I was very happy, and started to read about the hotel. I was starting to get mixed feelings as i wanted a high end hotel, and the reviews on tripadvisor are quiet poor. But that is the whole thing about 'name your own price' right?

But then I didscovered they charge a daily resort fee from 27$, even for priceline bookings.

If i book this hotel true their webiste, the advanced puchase rate, I 'save' 2$ on my entire stay.

I don't need to explain that I'm very dissapointed, as i pay 93$ a night instead of 66$. If i was willing to pay 93$ i would have booked a hotel from my choice without 'name your own price'.

To be honest I feel very mislead... I would never have bid 66$ if i had know it needed to pay 27$ extra.

Is there anybody else who had this problem?

Welcome to Betterbidding.

Sorry to hear that you are disappointed with the result. Resort fees are common in some areas of the US, such as this particular area, Vegas, Florida and a couple of others. Regular rate purchases also have to pay the same fee on top of the higher price. Reviews on tripadvisor are, overall, pretty good with a 4/5 tripadvisor rating (above average) - hopefully the hotel will exceed expectations.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]