Priceline Hotel: 4* Amsterdam (Central Canals) Nh Amsterdam Centre

emptynesters
By emptynesters,
in

AMS 4/12-17 - aiming for a 5* Canal for a bargain (or a 4* for a cheaper bargain). Tonight's bid history...

AMS Canals – 5*

Canal area - $91 – rejected

Added Schipool - $95 – rejected

Added North - $99 – rejected

Added Museum - $109 – rejected

Added East - $111 – rejected

AMS Canals – 4* $75 - rejected

Add east - $79 - rejected

Add north – 81 - rejected

Add museum (has 4*) - 81 - rejected

Advice welcome. Regards, Emptynesters

What is your maximum bid at each star level?

I would of course star lower, but my guess is that you're currently looking at ~$160-$180 for a 5* hotel and $125-$145 for a 4* property.

Let us know your maximum bid and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks! My goal was a 5* in the Canal area for not more than $125, failing that a 4* for not more than $90. I did a check on the rack rates (NH downtown)and they were about 25% higher on the weekend so we're thinking of bidding on 4/12-13 and 4/14-17 separately, lower on the 14-17, potentially higher on the 12-13.

When I was bidding 2-3 weeks ago, I had to go up to $150 to win a 5* Canal hotel (Marriott) for 4/14-22. Also, did anyone notice that PRICELINE has changed the Renaissance and the NH Grand Krasnapolsky from 4* to 5* recently?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Can you please add your previous win to the board as a NEW TOPIC (even if the stay has already been completed) so that others will be aware of your win when searching the topic titles on the board and in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins and Priceline Maps.

In your post please include the star rating, city, zone, hotel name, room rate per nite, and dates of your stay... you can still view all of this information by going to PRICELINE and clicking the MY PROFILE >> MY TRIPS link near the top right of their home page.

Thanks!

Thanks! My goal was a 5* in the Canal area for not more than $125, failing that a 4* for not more than $90. I did a check on the rack rates (NH downtown)and they were about 25% higher on the weekend so we're thinking of bidding on 4/12-13 and 4/14-17 separately, lower on the 14-17, potentially higher on the 12-13.

If you're seeing a rate change the maximum bid used may differ if you're bidding for the complete stay vs. SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID. Did you want to try for the complete stay first OR split the bid in hopes of a lower price for one leg of the stay (but likely needing to change hotels mid-trip)?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The bid hsitory - next will come the 4/14-4/17 saga.. (Used the PRICELINE link, above)

The win is at the bottom, 3/30. Best rate on NH site was e367 w/tax, our net was $268, saving $202! Thanks BB!

3/28 Emptynesters Dad evening (open at 2300 next)

AMS 4/12-17 - aiming for a 5* Canal for a bargain (or a 4* for a cheaper bargain). Tonight's bid history...

AMS Canals – 5*

Canal area - $91 – rejected

Added Schipool - $95 – rejected

Added North - $99 – rejected

Added Museum - $109 – rejected

Added East - $111 – rejected

AMS Canals – 4* $75 - rejected

Add east - $79 - rejected

Add north – 81 - rejected

Add museum (has 4*) - 81 – rejected

3/29 1530 – Emptynesters Mom

5*

Central canal

Dog, food, weight 8+ (symbols!)

Add Schipol

Same 5*

Add north

Add east

Add rembrandtplein

3/30 – Emptynesters Dad – appx 0730

5*

Canals – 101 dog food weight 8

Add schipool – 112

Add north – 125

Now 4*

Canal – 91

Add East – 101

Add North – 115 – Got NH Amsterdam Centre

Congratulations on your (partial) win.

Glad to see you got at least some of these dates taken care of and are hopefully pleased with the results for this leg of your trip.

As this thread no reflects your win for this portion of your stay, please start a NEW TOPIC for the 4/14-4/17 portion.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]