Hotwire Hotel: Newbie Here...Kindly Requesting Bidding Advice

emersten
By emersten,
in

Hello All,

Stumbled upon betterbidding just today- wow- what an excellent resource!

Destination Squamish, BC. Arriving at Sea-Tac airport on night of 4/0 and taking the shuttle to Vancouver the following day (4/21). Needing to book a 3.5* hotel in Seattle, near Sea-tac airport and shuttle stop, for just the one night. I'm a bit of a novice to travel in general...Any suggestions or advice is much appreciated.

Question#1. What/when/where is best to bid for a short stay like this?

Question #2. Is there a "smarter" option than taking the shuttle to Vancouver? I have a ride from there too Squamish...just wondering if anyone familiar with the area may know of a better alternative or agree the shuttle is best option?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

P.S. I will use the jump-off links on betterbidding.com to make any travel purchases and encourage others to support this great site by doing the same.

Welcome to Betterbidding.

On the Quickshuttle website, the stop is at the airport. I'm not familiar with Seattle transit, but I would think the only other way to get from Seattle to Vancouver would be Amtrak (the Cascades train or bus). Maybe I'm clicking the wrong thing, but I'm on the Quickshuttle website and for your dates, the bus is showing $55.86 from Seattle airport to downtown Vancouver. Amtrak offers a couple of trains and busses, with prices ranging from $40-51, depending on time of day. If I'm actually looking at the right bus information, a more comfortable train for similar after tax or a bit less might be something to consider.

What would be your desired budget for the night in terms of hotel?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]