QIXO or Don Quixote ??

gerrye
By gerrye,
in

Be wary of QIXO's QIXBOT, I just discovered the hard way that there is no online data access to previously made reservation requests and cancellation or modification of a QIXBOT request can be a "virtual" nightmare.

I just spent about an hour with a SANCHO PANZA, QIXO "LivePerson", trying to verify a booking request that I made 2 days ago. What initiated this learning experience was the email they sent to me stating, "We need correct {airport} codes for both departure and returning {airports} for your reqeust(sic)." Now, one would think that their QIXBOT system would have verified that all of the request information submitted was correct before the system allowed me to get to the "credit card" information section of their reservation system, but apparently it doesn't. It accepted the reservation with the departing and returning airports information being incorrect. Actually they inserted the name of my home town into both the departing and returning airport designators, instead of the ones I supplied on their input form.

Finally, I just spent the last fifteen minutes asking repeatedly for them to just cancel the request and not to correct it.

Caveat Emptor to all of you bargain hunters.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]