Priceline Hotel: 3* Asheville Crowne Plaza

clisandra
By clisandra,
in

What a great site and please know that I am sorry I did not find you before!!!

I recently bid via Priceline in the Downtown area of Asheville, NC for beginning bid of $45.00 for a requested 3 star hotel.

Did not get it, moved the bidding to East Asheville for same price and three star request and again I did not get it at that price. I bid again using a 2 star request for downtown Asheville and increasing the price to $52.00. I had to travel the next day and had to have a room so the third time was the charm.

Priceline granted me an upgraded room (three star) at the Crown Plaza off Patton Ave.

This Crown Plaza is a really old complex that has just been renovated this year(2005). My room was excellent except for the bathroom which had a new granite topped vanity but other fixtures were old. The beds and furniture were really excellent and the new carpet had not had time to get dirty. My room was really wide the way they used to be in older units. My room had a samll fridge on the floor next to the bed. The beds were only doubles and not queens but the room was really appointed nicesly (cherry four poster)

The lobby was nicely attired and parking was easy. This complex is tucked away in an older part of town but only 1.5 miles straight down Patton Ave. to the heart of Asheville. It was a quiet nite but the next day revealed several day conferences so parking was busy. This complex has a golf course attached and makes you feel as if you are pulling up to samll town country club when checking in.

The bathroom was the major negative, clean functional but old. I will stay there again in October if I am lucky enough to get it.

My first post so forgive me if I didn't get all things in at the time.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

We're glad you found us too! :)

Thank you for sharing your winning bid with the rest of the board... we look forward to hearing about and helping with your future stays.

You may want to copy/paste some of your comments above to the HOTEL REVIEW section of the board as others will likely look there first to see reports on this property and it will also be more easy to find as this thread makes its way off the first page of the forum.

Given you would be happy to get this property again, it sounds as if you enjoyed your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]