Priceline Hotel: Bidding Help London

Seattle
By Seattle,
in

Will be in London on a mix of pleasure and business, and need 3 Rooms for the dates above.

I've noticed the great success in Westminster for the Marriott and DoubleTree and so was bidding around that...for up to $100 but no luck. I think I see the DoubleTree Westminster on Hotwire for $132.

I tried to follow Valencia's strategy below, but can't figure out how she moved from 4* to 4* property in the same sessions...am I missing something?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

- Seattle

Westminster.. rejected

new bid: Kensington earl's Court...rejected

new bid: Blms/Marble Arch .. rejected

new bid: Regent's Park .. rejected

new bid: West/Kensington ... $80 R

new bid Blmsb/West ...$80 R

new bid: Regent's P /Ken ... $80 R

getting tired so gave it a little more before I called it quits today

Regent's P/Kensington/Westminster ... $85.. ACCEPTED

Hi Seattle... good to see you around the board, hope you've been well :)

Also from the thread above:

I started out at $75 4* at each of the following individually and later pairing them...

So the user bid as follows:

Westminster ONLY.. rejected (closed the browser and re-access PRICELINE)

new bid: Kensington earl's Court ONLY...rejected (closed the browser and re-access PRICELINE)

new bid: Blms/Marble Arch ONLY .. rejected (closed the browser and re-access PRICELINE)

new bid: Regent's Park ONLY.. rejected (closed the browser and re-access PRICELINE)

Westminster AND Kensington (this is acceptable since these two zones were never bid together in the same bid... all of the above bids were for only one zone at a time)

etc, etc, etc

Hope that explains how the user was able to go from their first set of failed bids to their second set of bids, all within the same 24 hour bidding period. If you need further explanation, or need additional help with your own trip, let us know your maximum bid and acceptable zones and we'll take it from there.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]