Priceline Hotel: 3.5* San Juan Radisson Ambassador

dajoip
By dajoip,
in

I'm looking to book a room for two nights on May 18-19, and I'm curious what's about the lowest price I can expect if I attempt to get a 4* or Resort? I was looking at PRICELINE EXPRESS deals, and I saw at least one booking available in the Rio Grande/Fajardo/El Yunque area for $90 (from the description, I think it was for the Gran Melia Golf Resort - the rack price, guest score, stars, and location all matched).

Another question I have is how to decide WHEN to bid for this 2-night (Sat/Sun nights) stay - if my plans are firm, does it make more sense to do it ASAP, or should I wait and start bidding closer to those dates in hopes of finding a better "last minute" deal?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The rate you're seeing above is likely near the lower end of the expected range for a 4* or Resort... are you looking to stay in this zone or more centrally located in the San Juan area?

Nobody can say if rates will come down between now and your stay... or move even high, but the idea would be to begin low balling once your plans are firm so that any win early on would have little downside to rate going much lower... then you can gradulally raise your bid as you begin to get closer to your trip. For more on this subject see the related 'Bid Early or Closer to Arrival' thread in our PRICELINE FAQ.

Let us know once you're ready to move forward and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

On second thought, we're probably going to try to stay in the SJ area. If I keep an eye on Hotwire, what would be a good deal on 2 nights (May 18-19 - Sat/Sun) at the Embassy Suites (and to second that, is it fairly easy to identify this hotel from descriptions)?

Thanks!

The Embassy Suites in this area doesn't come up that often on HOTWIRE so i wouldn't necessarily hold-out waiting for it to appear.

While it's great when a hotel you want appears, and you may get lucky and this may happen to you, but the opaque providers generally work best when you are looking for a great deal on **a** hotel, not one property among many in the zone.

You can see the Hotwire Hotel List for all hotels reported to the board and the amenities that have previously been associated with them.

Let us know if something of interest appear or what you think may be the ES, and we'll have a look at that offer.

Are you open to other properties OR are only looking for the Embassy Suites?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'd be open to other nice options, but I've just heard a lot of nice things about the ES and I thought that with 2 months to spare, hopefully I could find something in that time frame (just for reference, what would be a good, yet believable amount for the ES? Also, what specific location is it listed: San Juan, Old San Juan, ...?). I'll keep an eye on that list and see what may pop up - otherwise I'm definitely willing to snag a different location as well.

... I thought that with 2 months to spare, hopefully I could find something in that time frame...

You can likely find something in that timeframe... but you're looking for something specific.

what would be a good, yet believable amount for the ES?

We could look and suggest what it might take for a 4* hotel or Resort in the zone(s) you're willing to accept, but there is no way to bid specifically on the Embassy Suites.

Also, what specific location is it listed: San Juan, Old San Juan, ...?)

The current zone boundaries on HOTWIRE has the Embassy Suites would be in the Isla Verde zone... on PRICELINE most of the area falls into one march larger 'San Juan' zone.

Based upon the above let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

If you look at PRICELINE's zone for this area it covers the entire area of San Juan... Old San Juan, Isla Verde, and Condado vs. HOTWIRE which has recently divided this same area into 3 smaller zones. Are you willing to stay anywhere within the larger PRICELINE zone OR are you trying to stay closer to the immediate area of the Embassy Suites in the Isla Verde zone? If you enter 'San Juan, PR' into the BiddingHelper box at the top of the board you'll see the maps/zones for each in their respective tabs.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and please click each of these links before replying.

Thanks.

The Isla Verde zone would be ideal for us (although I'd be willing to accept one of the others if I could find a nice deal in this larger zone) - does this mean you'll recommend I stick to Hotwire instead of Priceline, to get the area dialed in a little more specifically?

Whether on PRICELINE or HOTWIRE, you have to be willing to accept a hotel anywhere within the selected zone/s. If you are more comfortable with HOTWIRE's zoning, I would suggest going with HOTWIRE instead.

Thanks for keeping us updated and please let us know if you have additional questions.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Whether on PRICELINE or HOTWIRE, you have to be willing to accept a hotel anywhere within the selected zone/s. If you are more comfortable with HOTWIRE's zoning, I would suggest going with HOTWIRE instead.

Thanks for keeping us updated and please let us know if you have additional questions.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Can anyone try to identify this PRICELINE EXPRESS Deals hotel for 5/18 - 5/20: $83/night for 3.5* hotel in San Juan area (25% off); Amenities include free internet, indoor or outdoor pool, restaurant, business center, and fitness center.

https://www.priceline.com/hotelxd/getDealDetails.do?jsk=354a050a334a050a201304021927143b9020313223&plf=PCLN&hdsk=hf1hfll1&dealID=548263950279C1F0FF74A6BA3E449602&dealKey=4u6eubzub&itinKey=1dm4y2e.hgu9pj40.hgx4l8g0.1&rpg=1&qdp=83

• 3 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]