Priceline Hotel: 3* Toronto (Downtown Southeast - Union Station and St Lawrence Market) Bond Place Hotel

JessieM
By JessieM,
in

Staying in Toronto 4/24-25.

A search for both dates gives these two results. Is the first the Delta Chelsea and the second the Holiday Inn Express on Lombard?

3.5 stars

$106/3 people

80% recommendation

Indoor pool(s)

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

2.5 stars

$104/3 people

85% recommendation

Free Breakfast

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Business Center

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

High-Speed Internet Access

I've been searching for 3 even though we're only a party of 2, to ensure two beds. However, dropping the occupancy to 2 for these dates results in prices of $95 and $87 respectively (a big difference for the second). What tactic would you suggest?

If I decided to try Priceline, I see the Delta Chelsea is the only 3.5-star currently on your list (I know you can always be upgraded to a higher quality hotel when you bid). Good chance of getting that property with a 3.5-star bid? In your experience, is there generally a common discount for people winning the same hotel on Priceline vs. Hotwire? (20 percent?) Again, I'm definitely not looking for any absolutes, just your experiences. Thanks so much!

A search for both dates gives these two results. Is the first the Delta Chelsea and the second the Holiday Inn Express on Lombard?

agree with your guess for the 3.5* property of the Delta, but i'm questionable on the 2.5* property... i don't have a better guess than the Holiday Inn Express, but i'm on the fence as to whether that is the hotel we're seeing above.

I've been searching for 3 even though we're only a party of 2, to ensure two beds. However, dropping the occupancy to 2 for these dates results in prices of $95 and $87 respectively (a big difference for the second). What tactic would you suggest?

When i search for 2adults the 2.5* hotel at $87/nite doesn't show any amenities so it may (or may not) be a different property. The hotel does reeive good ratings on the criteria that previous HOTWIRE guests asked to provide feedback on, but there aren't that many reviews, so they have to be take with a grain of salt and not given that much weight. As far as strategy, it depends upon how much 'risk' you're willing to take for this leg of your stay... risk of the 'unknown' hotel as well as the risk that you'll receive a room with only one bed... and is $20 savings worth a 2.5* hotel vs. a 3.5* property?

In your experience, is there generally a common discount for people winning the same hotel on Priceline vs. Hotwire? (20 percent?)

Not really, as the difference can vary from one city to the next, as well, each services uses their own criteria for rating hotels, so you can't always compare a 3.5* on HOTWIRE to a 3.5* on PRICELINE, as (for example) the HOTWIRE property could be 3* rated on PRICELINE... so you're not comparing apples-to-apples.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. may work for you as well as they have 4* and 3.5* hotels offers for $100-$110/nite... using the link and code in my signature gives you another 5% off bringing them inline with the HOTWIRE rates above; but the two hotels i saw in a quick search each offer a 'bed choice' option which would enable you to book a room with two beds, which i'm assuming would work well for your needs.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We only research hotels that are currently offered and ready to be booked... too often a hotel may never appear again, or appear at an entirely different price that is no longer within budget, that it's not a productive use of time since each hotel requested is individually researched. Let us know if the offer re-appears.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]