Priceline Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Downtown) Hilton Checkers Los Angeles

Chux
By Chux,
in

Hi,

I'm looking to book a 4* in Downtown L.A. (the closest to Staples Center the better) on May 25 for 1-night. I'm aware that that's Memorial Day weekend, so I dont know if I couldnt even bid on 1 night only.

Can someone give me some tips please? Should I only check 4* level? and what should be my starting bid?

Thanks in advance, and I will be clicking all the links provided by the forums to start my biding.

You won't be able to target a specific area within the zone, you'll need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone that you select. If you can't accept a hotel anywhere within the zone (fortunately this zone isn't that large) you can try our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com and try searching 'within 1 mile of Staples Center' as it will recognize the landmark and show you hotels within 1 mile... quickly giving you an overview of prices as well as how much more/less it would cost to stay closer/further away or to go up/down in star rating.

If you want to bid on PRICELINE i'm guessing a 4* will cost you in the $100 area... perhaps a little more or a little less. Is this within your budget? So we don't suggest a strategy that goes higher then you're willing to spend, let us know your maximum bid and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When bidding 4* in the Los Angeles area you have FOUR re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95

Any questions feel free to ask.

If the above is rejected (which is possible so don't get discouraged if it is) just post back and we'll revise to try again in 24 hours.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

PRICELINE EXPRESS has a 4* hotel in the Downtown zone with Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, Fitness Center for $114/nite (it may show $121 when you first search but click it and (hopefully) the price changes to $114). Use the link and code in my signature for an extra 5% off which would bring your cost to under $109/nite... even less then you have already bid.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Thanks for the link and the code thereuare.

Question though, when I move the mouse over the what hotel? link on the 4* hotel Express Deal, it shows the Intercontinental and Hyatt Regency. Both of those are about 6 miles away from where the map of Downtown L.A. ends.

What are the chances of getting stuck with those. I would like be as close to Staples Center as possible. I know that sometimes with priceline is a gamble, and you cant really choose which hotel you end up with. But why would they mention those 2 if they are out of the downtown area?

Those are just examples of brands that PRICELINE uses at the 4* level... if you hover over the 'what hotel' for any other 4* offer in the list i think you'll find the same hotel brands listed. The hotel you receive will be someplace within the boundaries of the zone, which is shown to the right of the page after clicking the "CHOOSE" button.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Express Deal has it for $121/nite (it didn't drop when I clicked on it) and also unfortunately I couldn't use your coupon code (I must check out no later than May 15, 2013 for it to work)

I am going to bid again (starting tomorrow) and if I get close to $120, I'll just use the Express Deal.

Thanks

Got the Hilton Checkers for $120/nite, saved about $40 (compare to the hotel website) that will go towards the overnight parking, lol.

Didn't saved as much as I was expecting, but it's something.

Big thanks to everyone that help out, and to this site. Here's hoping I do much better next time.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]