Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* SEA hotels

JoeWick
By JoeWick,
in

I would ask for help with 2 Hotwire hotels. Staying 6/9/13-6/12/13 and 2 adults no children.

3.5 star downtown - pike place area

Boutique Hotel, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access

$118/night

60% recommended

Also

3 star downtown seattle center - space needle

Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), High-Speed Internet Access, Wheelchair accessible

$118/night

85% recommended

I have a feeling that the first might be Hotel Max, but I have trouble with the 3 star hotels. Thank you.

Thanks for the offer. I actually decided to reserve a room on priceline that is pay when you stay with no cancellation fees, just to be sure I have a place to stay. But I plan to check back on HOTWIRE closer to the date hoping more properties will release bookings. I have also tried to name your own price on PRICELINE at least 80 times without being accepted or even countered, so I am hoping to try that again closer to June because it doesn't seem like they have anything in my price range yet.

Does anyone know, is name your own price more of a last minute saver or do they put properties on there months out. Thanks again.

My "backup" hotel is the Hotel Max at $134 dollars a night. I had a suspicion that HOTWIRE had it cheaper with an opaque offer, but I didn't want to be locked into it until I exhausted all my other opportunities.

I have been trying 3.5* and 4* hotels in Pike Place and Space Needle areas (really only Pike Place because the only property over 3* in Space Needle is the Pan Pacific, but I have been trying to still get that at a steep discount). I have offered $75-$115 dollars. I use the rebid method with zones since their aren't many 4 or even 3.5 star hotels outside of that area. Thanks.

Do note that the star rating you choose on PRICELINE is the minimum you're willing to accept, and your 3.5* bid could be upgraded to a 4* hotel... so i'd be careful bidding the Space Needle zone if you really don't want to stay in that area.

I'd guess at currently rates you're likely looking in the $145-$165 area for a 4* hotel... hopefully rates will come in a little in the coming weeks.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

thanskforusing

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]