FLL Ft. Lauderdale Fullsize (CAR COMPANY???)

tcreverb
By tcreverb,
in

I've always had good luck with Priceline. Unfortunately, I've been looking at the recently winning bids listed on the Priceline site. I've seen that Mini-Vans have gone for $35/day, but when I try $40, it doesn't get accepted. I'm renting for 14 days and maybe that's the reason. I've always tried $26 for a Full Size after seeing winning bids of $25 and it also gets rejected. I don't understand how they tell you what recent winning bids are, but when you put in something close it gets rejected. Any advice? My travel dates are March 27 - April 10th, so it's coming soon.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you haven't yet, please start by reading your messages.

Just like hotel rooms (and airfare), car rental rates are dates specific based upon supply/demand for any given set of dates. If the car rental agency has sold 98 out of 100 cars and only has 2 left for your dates then rates will be extremely high... if they have only sold 2 out of 100 for any given date then rates for those dates will be extremely low.

For your dates this includes Easter Week for many public schools and and many families may be using this time to vacation and/or visit family in the area... thus higher demand and higher rates then you've seen other winning bids accepted for.

For this trip what car class(es) are acceptable? Using our Car Rental Checker what is the best rate (please include daily rate before taxes as well as the all-in rate including taxes) you're able to find for that vehicle class?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I just booked a Full-Size for 3/27/13 through 4/10/13 for $45/day. I've been making a career out of this one and figured I'd provide feedback here. I'd been bidding for several days, losing on $25, $35, and $40. Then I finally won at $45, but realized I piccked a Mid-Size from the pull down menu. Might not fit all the bags and 5 person into that one. So, even though they have a non-cancellation policy, I called Priceline and they made an exception and cancelled that reservation. I was then able to bid again and not wait 24 hours. I tried again for $45 for a full size and won. Kudos to Priceline. I guess I'm happy, even though the last few years my cost was closer to $500 - 600 total vs. this $800. Economy must be getting better.

On a related note, the only price I could find that was cheaper was via some site called Car Rental 8. However after looking at forum posting opinions, I steered away from that site. It seemed too good to be true and I wasn't willing to chance it after seeing so many horror stories and complaints.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see that PRICELINE was willing to work with you on the 'botched' reservation and that you're pleased with the resolution and the new results.

While certainly not cheap in dollars terms this is the effect of traveling/renting a car during a peak travel period.

Can you please add a reply to this thread indicating the car company that accepted your bid for the full size rental so we can add this information to the topic title.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Have a great trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]