Priceline Hotel: 4* Minneapolis - St. Paul (Downtown Minneapolis) W Hotel Minneapolis

Minnesota Traveler
By Minnesota Traveler,
in

Dear Bidders,

Please beware of "pet friendly" hotels like the "W" in the Foshay Tower, downtown Minneapolis. We successfully booked a "Pet Friendly" room at the W. The Priceline site showed that wonderful "paw" icon that indicates you are bidding on a pet friendly hotel. I called after making the reservation, to see if we would have a king, or two queen beds. As an aside, I mentioned that our dog would sure enjoy the pet friendly bed that the hotel provides.

I was rudely informed that there is a $100 nonrefundable deposit for keeping a pet in the room, and an additional $25 per night surcharge. The $150 in extra fees would have nearly doubled our cost for staying that the W!

I requested a refund from Priceline, but was denied. So, we will be boarding our pet for the first time (still spending $65), and reluctantly staying at the W, because we can't get out of the contract.

Poor business on both ends, Priceline, and the W. I wonder what our stay will be like...

oh well.

Unhappy Minnesota Traveller

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you haven't yet, please start by reading your messages.

Then, please share the details of your purchase as per the boards Rules and Policies:

While we welcome both positive and negative experiences, please keep in mind that the spirit of this message board is helping users.

If you have a complaint, problem, or question with a recent or upcoming Priceline/Hotwire stay, we will be happy to do what we can to help, but please be considerate of the board's primary goal of helping others and first post the details of your 'win.'

It is important for everyone to know when problems and customer service issues arise, but the majority of the users come here to see winning bid information... so please oblige them with this information before asking for them for help.

Was this a PRICELINE bidding win where you named your own price or a PRICELINE EXPRESS win where the amenities were shown before your purchase?

In your post please include the star rating, city, zone, hotel name, room rate per nite, and dates of your stay... you can still view all of this information by going to PRICELINE and clicking the MY PROFILE >> MY TRIPS link near the top right of their home page. (and if a PRICELINE EXPRESS win please also include the amenities associated with this property if you remember the details)

Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]