Priceline Hotel: Union Square May 2013

oscar39
By oscar39,
in

You might try MAPS and HOTELS.com in the Tools area above. Using this, the lowest Union Square 4* I could find was $258. The 3.5s were higher. The rates are based on the retail side of PRICELINE and Hotels.com. I didn't map closely enough to determine USE or USW, but it should give you a general idea.

HOTWIRE has a $210 4* USE and a $244 3.5* USW for your dates.

If you are willing to chance having to move, you might try splitting your bid into 2 2-night stays.

Romelle

thanks for the info. I'd be willing to go up to 200 dollars a night for Union square. Should I wait closer to the time of my trip or will the prices go up? I don't see a 4 star in USE on hotwire for 208?

Would it be more economical to stay in Fisherman's Wharf?

To confirm, you have not yet bid the USE zone but this is acceptable?

Are you willing to include this in your bidding and try up to $190 again?

Please confirm and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

PS- and if you haven't yet, please read your messages. Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes I haven't tried Union square east yet, just west. Anywhere in US would be fine as long as its not in the tenderloin area. Any ideas how i can get a reasonable price in USE or USW. Alot of comments on this site show people getting Union square hotels for 140, I haven't had any luck. Thanks in advance!

One other question, what's considered a "good" price in Union square? I was hoping not to exceed 150 but that doesnt look realistic from what I'm seeing. Thanks

Very hard to say what a "good" price is because that's dependent on so many factors. Day of week, time of year, special events, etc.

Normally in most major cities, weekends usually see big hotel price drops as business travelers are home for the weekend.

However, you will be visiting San Francisco during Bay to Breakers, San Francisco's most popular running event. That may be driving hotel occupancies and hence prices up.

One other question, what's considered a "good" price in Union square?

As mentioned above, it's really so variable - one day can be reasonable and the next day can be twice as much if there's an event going on (which there apparently is.)

Are you seeing a 4* in USE w/:

Indoor pool(s)

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Roll-in shower

I'm seeing this for $210 this morning, you may see a slightly different price.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

One other question, what's considered a "good" price in Union square?

Just to add to the above... for me a 'good' price is something within my budget and discounted from what i can get elsewhere thru a purchase where i already know the hotel name and location in advance.

You can use our BiddingHelper.com to see rates from HOTWIRE and 'retail' rates from Hotels.com. Also of user is our MAPS and HOTELS.com to search for your dates (in a crowded area such as this you would want to search a smaller mile radius so choose '3 miles from Union Square San Francisco')... then filter the results so that only 4* and above are showing and zoom in on the map so you can see the areas covered by the PRICELINE zones... easy to quickly see how much retail rates are in the area.

While a $100 win is cheaper than a $150 win... the $100 win may not be that great if it's a slow time period and retail rates are $120, whereas the $150 win may be a GREAT win if it's a busy time and retail rates are $300/nite.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

For 5/18-5/21 i'm seeing the 4* hotel in the USE zone for $207/nite (it is not currently showing for your complete stay of 5/18-5/22):

Indoor Pool

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Roll-in Shower

For 5/21-5/22 i'm seeing a 4.5* hotel in the USW zone for $170/nite:

Indoor Pool

Smoke Free

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Spa

Room Accessible

If this is an option we'll investigate further, but not sure if you're willing to change hotels for the last nite or not.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

That sounds great, but for some reason I don't see the same prices on HOTWIRE?

Are the prices within a few dollars per nite of what i've posted? Are the amenities the same as i've posted?

Let us know and please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links before replying.

Thanks.

I'm just a member, but I've never heard of a HOTWIRE deal being "unavailable", and I've booked quite a few Hotwire hotels. If it shows, it should be bookable. Any chance the issue is with your credit card(s)? Are they US cards? w/US addresses?

Have you contacted HOTWIRE about the situation?

Do you happen to recollect the exact message? Maybe there is a clue there.

It should be possible to get this resolved.

Romelle

The weekend that I'm going (May 18) is really expensive, 250 minimum for a 3.5 or 4 star in Union square. Booked Chancellor for 250, more then I wanted to spend but that's what the rates are. It's free cancellation so I'll continue to search for a better deal. Thanks for your help

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]