Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Lake View- Lincoln Park - Wrigleyville) Hotel Lincoln

Adventure44
By Adventure44,
in

Please help id these two hotels.

Magnificent Mile Area - River North area hotel 3.5 * for $73

Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center and high speed internet

95 % of Hotwire customer reviews

And

Magnificent Mile North - Water Tower area hotel 4* for $79

Fitness Center, Restaurant(s) , Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel , In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

90 % of Hotwire customer reviews

Thanks!

The amenities for the 3.5* are very common for a hotel in any city but the Doubletree Mag Mile has previously been seen with this amenity set so that would be my best guess for this one.

For the 4* Water Tower property my guess would be the Millennium Knickerbocker.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

PS- please follow-up your previous Priceline Niagara Falls thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip. Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

3.5* (Lincoln Park)

I have bid and rebid at least 4 times. I want to stay at the Hotel Lincoln 03/23 - 03/25. There is a race in Lincoln Park. Which is why I am not having much luck. It seems like Hotel Lincoln is also on hotwire for $157. I have bid as high as $120. How high will I have to bid? Will prices drop if I keep waiting? I am not sure I want to spend $157 when I could get a hotel in a different area for less.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

There is no way to know if rates will come down, or move even higher, between now and your stay. I don't know how big the event you're referring to is, but if the hotel expects that they can sell all or most of their rooms on their own and at full price, there is little reason for them to offer a deep discount (or any discount) to the opaque providers... perhaps they will offer a very small discount just to lock-in the non-refundable business.

You need to determine how much less a nearby hotel will cost and if bidding higher than you already have is worth the convenience of staying in this area (assuming you have plans in this zone and you prefer to stay in this area then another zone).

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It's very easy to get to Lincoln Park from downtown, and there are very few hotels in Lincoln Park. Downtown often offers better deals because there's more hotels and more competition. If there are options downtown for $79, I would absolutely not be trying to bid $120 for Lincoln Park.

I'm seeing a 3.5* in the Gold Coast zone on HOTWIRE for $79 (the price you see may vary slightly) w/:

Boutique Hotel

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

That would be a possible match for the Indigo. On a nice day, it's a moderate but very nice walk (I've done it on many occasions and it's quite straightforward and easy) from there to where the Hotel Lincoln is. Additionally, there's a Red Line subway around the corner from the Indigo that goes North through Lincoln Park.

With the potential Indigo at $79, I'd really recommend that instead of trying to bid for Lincoln Park when there's few hotels there and no way to know if there is any discounted inventory at those hotels.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I checked again on hotwire and it dropped to $104. I tried bidding on priceline, but was declined. I ended up going with the deal on hotwire. I know I could have spent less, but it will be nice to be so close to the race. Thanks for advice and your time!

Hotel Lincoln 4* $104 March 23- 25th.

Smoke Free Rooms

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Accessible for the deaf

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Roll-in shower

• 3 years later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]