Priceline Hotel: NEED HELP WITH 4* + Hotel in Waikiki Beach Area 15-25 May

Aussietourist
By Aussietourist,
in

Hi,

I need help in winning a 4* plus rated hotel in Waikiki beach area on Priceline.

Our budget is not to spend more then $200 per night (including taxes). Our travel dates are from 15th May 2013 - 25th May 2013.

Ive tried:

5* Waikiki beach area at $179 per night - unsuccessful

Changed to 4* Waikiki beach area at $165 per night - unsuccessful

We would ultimately love to get either Sheraton Waikiki, PARC Waikiki or one of the Outrigger on the beach hotels, but can anyone suggest a price that may increase our chances of winning any of these on Priceline?

Also, with the resort hotels; Is there a resort fee that we must pay at the hotel when you are bidding as it isnt stated if there are any further charges when bidding and i dont want to be surprised when we get there and are told we need to pay more. Would Priceline usually state that there are extra charges when bidding? Or do we just assume?

Sorry for all the questions. Very excited to be using this method and want to get it right :)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you haven't yet, please start by reading your messages.

With both PRICELINE and HOTWIRE Resort fees (if any) are in addition to your purchase price and are paid directly to the hotel upon check-out. With PRICELINE you won't know if the hotel you win will have a resort fee or not (but in their terms you agree to paying one if the hotel charges)... with HOTWIRE for most of their hotels they will show if the hotel has a resort fee and the approximate amount (to see the resort fee click the red SHOW ME button next to an offer and on the ensuing page scroll to the bottom in the "Know Before Your Go" section where they will list the resort, if any. Note that resort fees are not just contained to the Resort class hotels... we see many 4* hotels charging resort fees and in some areas (not Hawaii that i know any yet) but there are even 2* budget hotels charging resort fees. :o I would say more resort fees in the Waikiki area are in the $20-$30/nite area.

On HOTWIRE what looks to be the Waikiki Parc is on HOTWIRE for $182/nite before taxes/fees (looks like $211 all-in) and as far as i can tell this property does not charge any resort fees (HOTWIRE doesn't list one and i did a quick search and found other mentions of no resort fee)... it's a little over your target budget, but given what appears to be the absence of any additional fees, do you want to consider this option?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]