Priceline Hotel: 2* Chicago Suburbs (Willowbrook) La Quinta Inn Chicago/Willowbrook

purplelotus
By purplelotus,
in

This was a PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal, not a bid. Total cost $263.82.

Am very pleased with this. Was almost sure it was the LaQuinta based on the description (free breakfast, free internet, free parking, pets allowed, fitness center and bed choice with a guest rating of 8.0). When I clicked to buy, the bed choice came up with king or two doubles, both pillowtop with 32" HDTV. (More bed options at higher cost too.)

There aren't that many 2-star hotels in that area, and all the others had lower ratings. Further, the LaQuinta website said the hotel had pillowtop beds and 32" HDTV's. Nevertheless, when I clicked purchase, I was happy to see my hunch was right. We've stayed at this hotel a number of times, and it is fine (a bit above my minimum standard for a hotel). When I planned my trip last week, I had actually booked this hotel at the AAA rate which would have cost me $406.39 so I saved about $140. I would have received LaQuinta points, but those aren't worth more than maybe $40 so it's still a $100 savings. Further, I would rate the hotel higher, maybe 2.5 stars. The other 2-star hotels in the area got lower guest ratings and aren't as good. (We've stayed at the Red Roof, Super 8, and Extended Stay in past years when my standards were a bit lower.)

I'm fairly sure I could have gotten a 2-star cheaper by bidding, but I didn't want to risk getting one of the other hotels in the area. PRICELINE also had a 3-star in Oak Brook for $48, but I think that was the Holiday Inn which I don't like. No breakfast there either. So I like the new PRICELINE EXPRESS feature. I'm willing to pay a little more to know some of the amenities. This is my first purchase with PRICELINE EXPRESS.

I used the BB PRICELINE link.

I don't see a separate place to post Priceline Express deals so I presume this is the right place.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're pleased with the results... a nice savings vs. your back-up reservation.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just an oversight... we have updated the Priceline Hotel List, thanks for letting us know.

We are still working on the details (and structure for the backend) on the best way to implement PRICELINE EXPRESS deals. We have a good sense of how it should all work and come together, but it will take a little time to finalize the details and then to code it.

Thanks again.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

Just an oversight... we have updated the Priceline Hotel List, thanks for letting us know.

We are still working on the details (and structure for the backend) on the best way to implement PRICELINE EXPRESS deals. We have a good sense of how it should all work and come together, but it will take a little time to finalize the details and then to code it.

Thanks again.

Just wanted to confirm that this property is still quite nice for a 2*. The rooms were renovated not too long ago, and the decor is attractive. Beds are comfortable. Room is clean and quiet. Lots of reasonably priced restaurants nearby and a Target within walking distance. Our room had a fridge and microwave so we went to a grocery store nearby and got some healthy food, eg, fruit, nuts, whole grain bread, to snack on and also supplement the breakfast. The breakfast is basic, but it's free. The front desk staff is very good -- one really top-notch person -- won an award from La Quinta -- and the remainder are acceptable or better. However, this is not a 4* property so don't expect that type of ambiance, but for a reasonably-priced hotel, it's well above average.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]