Check-In Date: Sunday, August 17, 2003

Check-Out Date: Friday, August 22, 2003

Your Offer Price: $25.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 5

Subtotal: $125.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $22.95

Total Charges: $147.95

Decided to go the cheapy route next week, after a couple weeks of more pricey rooms (due to the State Fair being in town). Have stayed here before--it's okay.

Nautica3

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, my stay here this time has been all right. Asked for three things at check-in:

1) Non-smoking room

2) King Bed

3) First floor.

Got the Non-smoking only. Room is 2nd floor, but at least it's on the side away from the highway. One double bed only. Luckily it's just me in there. They claimed they had a large group taking up a bunch of the type of rooms I was requesting, but I didn't see any evidence of that.

Also, my room has no hair dryer. Luckily, I keep an old spare one in the trunk of my car. The guy at the front desk said none of the 2nd-floor rooms have them. Why not, and why the second floor rooms in particular, I didn't bother to ask. Go figure.

The room is clean and decent, as before. Breakfast is fine, if predictable. I'm just a little peeved at them for not getting me the type of room I asked for.

On the other hand, a pretty girl staying down the hall smiled at me on Monday. That helped.

Laertes

Almost forgot to mention...

There was a guy checking in immediately before me on Sunday night (about 10:45pm). He obviously didn't have a reservation, because his first words were "Do you have any vacancies?". They quoted him a rate of $69/night, which was reduced to $65.50/night when he asked about AAA discount.

During all this, I thought "I could stay almost 3 nights for every 1 he stays. Thank God for Priceline!"

Laertes

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]