Hotwire Hotel: 4* San Juan Caribe Hilton

liz1992
By liz1992,
in

Hello,

I'm going to try to win the Caribe Hilton (hopefully). I just want to stay at the hotel for a Day Visit.

1 Day

Check in: Sunday March 10, 2013

2 people

Max bid $ 140.00

I don't have a lot of time to re-study the boards and the bidding process. I haven't been here in a long time.

Could you give me a strategy to try to win this hotel.

I am familiar with the bidding process and choosing the correct zones.

I have bid thru this site, Priceline and won 2 times. Sheraton San Juan and Caribe Hilton.

If I fail and end up somewhere else that's okay also.

Thanks,

Elizabeth

I did study the PRICELINE link last night and again just now.

I was thinking to:

Choose RESORT

SAN JUAN

BID $101.

If rejected

Add Zone Ponce because there's no Resorts

Increase bid to $110.

If rejected again

Add Zone Mayaguez because there's no Resorts

Increase bid to $120.

I will add the Zone numbers.

Am I on the right track or do you want me to check Hotwire also?

I waited too long to do all this. I am leaving tomorrow morning at 9:30am. I'm sorry about all this. Yes, I'm a little confused as usual.

When bidding Resort in San Juan you actually have SIX re-bid zones so you could do as you propose but do it more often then just twice and bid higher and/or in smaller increments.

The other option (since you're pressed on time) is on HOTWIRE for your dates there is a 4* hotel in the San Juan zone for $138/nite with:

Free Internet

Beachfront

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Tennis

Spa

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Wheelchair Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

This matches previous reports for the Caribe Hilton so that would be our best guess for this one. Given this is the hotel you're trying to target and is within your budget, you just take this HOTWIRE offer... or you could try bidding on PRICELINE for a lower price (but then you're subject to any resort rated property in the zone and can't try to target the Caribe Hilton)

Let us know how you'd like to proceed or if you go with the property above how it works out.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I believe going with HOTWIRE is the best possible option for the price, (terrific) and considering my lack of time.

I haven't ever bought on Hotwire so how do you suggest I proceed.

Can I find this listing there? I should look for ths price and does it say "resort"? I don't remember seeing it say resort when I looked at HOTWIRE last night.

I'm going to look again right now and see if I can identify it.

By all means please guide me step by step if we can.

* I believe this is the first Hotel listed at San Juan. It's says 4*, correct?

Bought Hotel on Hotwire.com

San Juan, PR

1 day

March 10, 2013

Price $138.00

Tax/fees $20.35

Total: $158.35

Will update later. Thank you!

Congratulations on your success!

I'm going to assume that you did in fact receive the Caribe Hilton but please add a reply to this thread confirming that is what you did indeed receive.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]