Priceline Hotel: Advice - 3.5 and 4 star options in San Diego

Brodie2000
By Brodie2000,
in

Hi,

First time poster and user of Priceline.

Were on vacation for 16 days in California in June/July and thinking of one of these two hotels via Priceline Express Deals. We don't know the area and Ive not been able to work on what these may be. Does anyone have an idea which hotel they may be?

3.5 star - Disneyland - Anaheim South - Orange - Garden Grove - $79 per night ($158 similar hotels)- Guest Rating: 8.0 (internet, pool, pets, restaurant, business, gym, room choice); or

4 star - Newport - Huntington Beach - $106 per night ($284 similar hotels) - Guest Rating: 7.0 out of 10 (pool, pets, shuttle, restaurant, business, gym, room choice).

I might even try bidding for a better deal but suspect this will take some more research before starting.

Thanks in advance,

If you haven't yet please start by reading your messages.

Were on vacation for 16 days in California...

Are you looking for one hotel for the complete 16 days or looking to split your stay between different hotels and/or areas?

I might even try bidding for a better deal but suspect this will take some more research before starting.

Bidding on a hotel will usually be cheaper (but not always, especially with the current 5% off available thur the PRICELINE EXPRESS link in my signature) with the trade-off being that bidding is more 'known' and you can get a better price... with PRICELINE EXPRESS more is known about the hotel and it may cost a little more. What is it that you're looking for from this stay? Are you still researching the area(s) or are you ready to commit to a non-refundable purchase at this time?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

Were looking for two rooms at the one hotel for the whole stay. Arriving on 29 June 2013, checking out on 15 July 2013. I think, with the 5% discount skipping bidding would be easiest.

The search I've been using is: - San Clemente, CA; 6/29/13 to 7/15/13 for two rooms. Were considering the following two options. Do you have any suggestions which hotels they could be?

3.5 star - Disneyland - Anaheim South - Orange - Garden Grove - $79 per night ($158 similar hotels)- Guest Rating: 8.0 (internet, pool, pets, restaurant, business, gym, room choice); or

4 star - Newport - Huntington Beach - $106 per night ($284 similar hotels) - Guest Rating: 7.0 out of 10 (pool, pets, shuttle, restaurant, business, gym, room choice).

Thanks for all your help.

There could be others but my best guess for the 3.5* Anaheim property would be the Marriott Anaheim Suites and for the 4* my guess would be the Fairmont Newport Beach.

Since this an extended stay if you wanted to proceed cautiously you could see if this same property is offered for the first (or last) nite of your stay and then again for the balance. If so, you could purchase the solo nite in order to 'look behind the curtain'. If you're happy with the results purchase the remaining nites, if not, make alternate plans for the balance of your stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]