Priceline Hotel: Waikiki 3/11-3/15

aliza18e
By aliza18e,
in

2 Questions: I would like to go on a last minute trip to Honolulu from march 11-15.

(1) Ideally I'm looking for a hotel that's 3 1/2* or higher in Waikiki Beach or Marina. Any suggestions on how much I should start bidding on priceline?

(2) I saw that there was a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal for a 3* hotel in Waikiki Marina for $135/night.

It has the following:

Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor pool

Restaurant

Business Centre

Fitness Centre

Condos

Any idea which hotel this could be?

(Thanks for your help in advance)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Are you willing to pay more for a Resort vs. a 4* vs. a 3.5* OR is your goal for this trip the least expensive 3.5* or better? Are you willing to pay more to stay in the Beach zone vs. the Marina zone (or vice-versa) OR is the goal the least expensive hotel in either zone at your minimum star rating (or higher)?

For the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer it has not yet been reported to the board... the Ala Moana or the

Ilikai Hotel And Suites would be a guess, but i'm far from certain.

Let us know the information above regarding PRICELINE bidding and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for replying so quickly!

I'm just looking to stay in a great hotel (with a pool & near a beach), in a convenient location (ie. not need a car) at the lowest price I can get it. I don't have a preference between Waikiki Marine and Waikiki Beach as I believe they are both in good & safe locations.

I've never been to Waikiki before, so any help you can provide would be wonderful!

I'm just looking to stay in a great hotel...

Which raises the question if you want to start with a Resort class hotel up to your limit, a 4* hotel up to your limit, or a 3.5* hotel up to your limit... it depends if 'great' means the highest rated hotel possible within your budget OR you consider all 3.5* and higher hotels to be 'great'.

The Marina zone can be a 'moderate' walk to the beach... certainly do-able but nothing you would likely want to do 3x-4x per day and while carrying lots of beach supplied each time. However, current rates are a bit on the high side and you may need to compromise either in terms of budget, location, or star rating.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At current prices i think a 4* is likely out of your price range... a 3.5* might be had at $150 but if you could increase your budget to $160/$165 that would likely better your chances... a 3* can probably be had at $150 or less.

Let us know what you'd like to try for first as well as confirm if both the Marina and Beach zones are still acceptable.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]