the regular rate was50 a night i bid 35 on priceline and got it

i planed on going to Austin april 25-29

yesterday i used your link and went to priceline

on PRICELINE it is now a 1 star hotel last year

it was austin north this year it is austin central

now on HOTWIRE days inn austin crossroads is a 2 star hotel and

my question is how can they both be so differant

Welcome (officially) to BetterBidding!

last year i used your link and i got a 2 star hotel the days inn austin crossroads

Glad to hear the board was helpful with your purchase and thank you for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board. It would be appreciated if you shared your win(s) with the board as you receive them so that the information can help others, just as you had been helped by those who posted before you.

on PRICELINE it is now a 1 star hotel last year

it was austin north this year it is austin central

now on HOTWIRE days inn austin crossroads is a 2 star hotel and

my question is how can they both be so differant

Are you asking how PRICELINE and HOTWIRE can rate the same hotel differently? Each service has their own criteria for rating hotels; generally speaking HOTWIRE can be a little more generous with their star ratings, but as neither service uses a 1.5* in their rating system, the star rating difference between the two services really isn't that much, it's just "one level" different.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if/how we can be of further assistance.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You can bid 2 star, and then lower your star level to 1 star and bid again within the same 24 hour session. However, you can't bid a lower star level first and then a higher one.

Probably best to wait the full 24 hours after the last thing you've done before you try to bid again. Most times, if you try something else and get rejected that 24 hour clock gets reset and you are locked out for that long.

Romelle

wow it has been 2 and half hours and so far no one has posted u take forever to return posts

By replying to your own posts in a very short period of time you can actually delay a reply.

But i'll bite...

Given that you have used the board before and never provided your win to the board in an effort to help others, there is no membership fee here and all the tools and features are provided free of charge, and your stay is nearly 2 months away... if 2 hours is an unreasonable of time to reply to receive a reply, what is reasonable? :unsure:

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]