Hotwire Hotel: 3* San Diego (Carlsbad) Hyatt House San Diego/Carlsbad

mtnfox
By mtnfox,
in

Had been planning to book what I was pretty sure was this property for a while but we weren't 100% sure of our plans so I waited until the last minute. It had been running $89 on HOTWIRE for a while and it was a slight bummer that it was on the way up the last few days ($91, $92 - yeah I nitpick over $3, lol). Today, however, HOTWIRE is running a $20 off "hot rates" sale. So I booked it for $91. After taxes/fees and then subtracting the $20 discount the total came to $89.79. Lowest rate on Hyatt website (pre-pay, no refund) is $144. Not bad! If you're reading this on 3/1/13 then it may be a good day to book on HOTWIRE with this $20 sale. :)

the amenities listed were:

Free Parking

Free Breakfast

Free Internet

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Congratulations on your success!

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this new amenity set for this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Can you please add a reply to this thread confirming that there was also a ROLL-IN SHOWER amenity associated with this property? You can still view the amenities associated with the hotel you purchased by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

It would be appreciated if you used the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Roll-in shower is listed as an amenity on my Hotwire account trip details.

I would say it had a roll-in bathroom, but not a roll-in shower. A wheelchair could easily get in the the bathroom area and turn around, however the shower was a standard tub/shower combo - i.e. it is necessary to step over the edge of the tub to get in.

The amenities listed by HOTWIRE describe accessible amenities that are offered by the hotel, most only in an 'accessible room'. You more then likely were assigned a 'standard' room which is why the bathroom/tub appeared to be 'standard'.

Thanks for the follow-up and hope you enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]