Check-in times?

dougan778
By dougan778,
in

I am an inexperienced traveller and going to be a first-time priceline name-your-price user. I am going to be needing a room for a night, but I probably will not be arriving in town until 10 or 11 PM. Do hotels usually let you check in that late? Is this a concern if I don't know what hotel I'm going to be getting?

Thanks, I'm a little overwhelmed in general due to not staying in hotels very often.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

It's not a problem, although if you will be arriving much later than 11pm (and certainly if after midnite) it's usually a good ideal to call ahead and let them know that you'll be arriving late so that they don't think you're a no-show and try to re-sell the room (usually not an issue but possible if the hotel is very busy and near sold-out for the nite)

I'd also ask what star rating you're looking for as there are some budget properties, such as the extended stay, which do not have a 24 hour front desk, but they have procedures in place should you arrive after the front desk closes... basically you use a house phone and security will come and give you a key to your room.

What location are you looking at? What are the dates of your stay? What is your desired star rating and maximum budget?

After you provide the information above we'll be able to respond further, and will also move this thread to the appropriate state category on the board and we can continue the discussion there. (if you can't find it after it's moved you can always find all of your posts on the board by using the "Can't Find What You're Looking For? Where to post??" search box on the very top right of the board... just choose "I WANT TO... find my content" and you'll be shown links to all your posts on the board. :)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]