Hotwire Hotel: W lakeshore

HTexas
By HTexas,
in

Hello- Would appreciate some help on booking king bed /nonsmoking room for 2 at W Lakeshore for Sept 20- Oct 2. I have not used Hotwire before, so would appreciate any help identifying this hotel if it is available. Am I more likely to get a better rate after the first of the month? Thanks in advance for the help.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

First obstacle is that you can't choose your bed configuration (ie- king, 2 beds, smoking/non, etc) with the opaque providers. You can call the property after you have won the hotel, but your request is just that, a request, and not guaranteed.

You can see the amenties last associated with the W Chicago Lakeshore in our HOTWIRE HOTEL LIST... currently i don't see it offered for this extended stay. Are you willing to split your stay up into smaller segments and/or change hotels during your stay?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The issue with using Hotwire is that you can't rely on it to get a specific hotel. The W Lakeshore shows up fairly rarely as a win (on the other hand, the W City Center shows up occasionally), and although it was last reported as being a 4.5 star hotel on hotwire, I'm guessing it may have been downgraded to a 4 star, resulting in it looking similar (amenities, etc) to the Swissotel.

Also, Hotwire cannot guarantee specifically a King bed. Given the discount that the service offers, you generally have to take what the hotel has. Non-smoking has never been a problem for me, but otherwise, you have to be willing to get what you get for the price you're paying.

Also, you may find that - with a stay as long as you're planning - you may find that the service possibly offers a better selection and/or better prices if you are willing to split your stay between two different hotels. With Hotwire, you generally have to be willing to accept what you get in the zone you're looking in.

If you would consider other hotels besides the W, please let us know:

1. What areas you would be interested in: Loop, Mag Mile/Wacker Drive, North Michigan Ave/Water Tower, or all three.

2. What is your budget per night.

3. Would you be willing to split your stay between two hotels.

Edit: Oops, theReuare beat me to the post with most of the same questions.

If you don't mind the W City Center instead of the W Lakeshore, what *appears* (not guaranteed, as there is apparently a slight chance this could be the Hard Rock) to be the W is coming up for 9/20-10/2.

Restaurant(s), Fitness Center, High-Speed Internet Access, loop, 4*, $186 a night.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]