Hotwire Hotel: Need help ID this hotel 5 star London Mayfair SOHO $206

fayewolf
By fayewolf,
in

Hi, appreciate if someone can help ID this, since they are still gathering review on description.

The price fluctuates between 206-209??? Is this fair? Should I wait till next week?

Travel date: 3/13/2013

Amenities

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

Accessible path of travel

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

In-room accessibility

Accessible path from the room entrance to the window, the bed and the bathroom; accessible hardware and minimal resistance to open the door; accessible temperature controls and window coverings

Accessible bathroom

Raised toilet, hand-held shower and grab bars at the tub and toilet

Roll-in shower

Bathroom has a roll-in shower

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please post only the amenity names (and not the descriptions) as you can see how much easier it is to read and helps minimize the chance that we'll miss an amenity when researching your trip.

5 star London Mayfair Soho

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Roll-in Shower

The Park Lane would be my best guess for this one.

Nobody can say if rates will be higher next week, lower next week, or if this or any any 5* will even be offered in this zone at all. There is a further discussion of timing in our PRICELINE FAQ, but given you're only about 2 weeks away, i would consider how much you like this guessed property and if it represents enough of a discount to make the 'bird in hand worth two in flight'.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks!! I don't like this hotel at all... :(

Need help finding a 5 star hotel in London that's central in location, my first time there, just for one night. I will be moving to stay with my aunt the rest of the trip.

I thought about Mayfair, but it's likely the Sheraton which has poor review.

What about 5* in Westminster ? I don't see any five star referenced on the list.

Amenities:

Restaurant

Fitness center

High speed internet

Business center

What would this be???

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Unfortunately this property has not yet been reported to the board and i the amenities are very common for a London hotel so i'm unable to gain any insight as to which one it may be. HOWEVER, with a 4.5/5.0 TA rating and 4.5/5.0 across the board for all the criteria HOTWIRE asks previous guests to rate (and a 100% recommendation from previous HOTWIRE guests), i wouldn't be too concerned with quality for this one)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

2x

Above you asked about hotels priced in the $200 range but in your bidding you have only gone up to $100?? Exactly which zones and star rating are acceptable and what is your maximum bid for this stay?

I understood... but what is your budget for this trip (as there is a pretty big difference between spending $100/nite vs. $200/nite)

Exactly which zones are acceptable and at what star rating? What is your maximum bid for each star rating?

Budget depends on the hotel, since its only one night, I am ok!!

I'm willing to go up to 200 if it is Le meridian or intercontinental in Mayfair.

If it is the Westminster, I'm willing to go up to 150. I don't understand why most people can get the Marriott town hall at under 90...

Thanks for your help!!!!

I don't understand why most people can get the Marriott town hall at under 90...

It's easy... rates are date specific and priced accordingly supply/demand (occupancy levels) at the hotel.

Using this $90 priceline hotel win rates at the hotel for those dates are currently $268/nite... check the hotel's website for your nite above and rates are $445/nite. The previous rate indicates the hotel is not as full as for your dates and may be willing to discount more heavily for those nites in order to help fill the hotel and cover some of their daily operating fixed costs... whereas for your dates they are much busier and, may have fewer rooms left to sell, and therefore not willing to discount as much (or may not give the opaque players any inventory at all for this nite)

Do you want to try bidding for a 5* hotel in both the Westminster and Mayfair zones up to $150, and then if rejected continue on to $200 for only the Mayfair zone (although note you can receive any 5* hotel in the zone, not just the InterContinental or the Le Meridien)... or do you have some other gameplan in mind?

Are you referring to this, The Park Lane Hotel, as this is currently 4* rated by PRICELINE and you should be able to avoid it by bidding 5*.

Please confirm how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

When bidding 5* in London you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 5* Westminster...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $153, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $158, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 5* Mayfair...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $153, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $158, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 5* Mayfair and Westminster...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $163, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $168, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $173, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck an let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]