Hotwire Hotel: Help ID Orlando Condos

UKAmelia
By UKAmelia,
in

Using the BB HOTWIRE link, I found these two options for my 4/18/2013 - 4/24/2013 trip to Orlando:

3* West of Disney Area Condo

$64/night

Resort

Suite

Free Parking

Free Breakfast

2 Bedroom Suite

Fully-equipped Kitchen

Smoke Free Rooms

Air-Conditioning

Washer and Dryer in Room

Children's Activity Program

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Business Center

Front Desk

24 Hour Front Desk

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Condo

Disney Main Gate - Celebration

4*

$102/night

Free Parking

Free Breakfast

Free Internet

1 Bedroom Suite

Fully-equipped Kitchen

Smoke Free Rooms

Daily Housekeeping

Air-Conditioning

Washer and Dryer in Room

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

24-hour Front Desk

High-Speed Internet Access

Condo

Disney Main Gate - Celebration

3*

Resort

Free Parking

2 Bedroom Suite

Fully-equipped Kitchen

Smoke Free Rooms

Air-Conditioning

Washer and Dryer in Room

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Front Desk

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Condo

Welcome to BetterBidding!

My best guess for the West of Disney property would be the Palisades at Lake Austin Grande Reserve.

For the other two properties, i'm not currently seeing either offered when searching HOTWIRE for your dates... are you still seeing these on your own search? If so, are you searching HOTWIRE for more than one room or for more than the default 2adults/0children?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Best guess for the 4* would be the Melia Orlando at Celebration... i don't have a guess for the 3*.

Yes, hotels could take issue with the number of guests. The BIG 'if' above is the assumption that the room will accommodate 5 people, as your standard hotel room is typically designed for quad occupancy (and more than this may violate fire code). As well, more people in the room means more wear and tear on carpet, furniture, towels that need to be cleaned and replaced, water use, etc. etc. (all of this does get calculated into the cost of filling a hotel room)

With the above noted, in your instance above i think the risk is low as this area is used to accommodating families and the rooms are designed with this in mind. Also, HOTWIRE asks for the number of adults and the number of guests ages 2 and above... so by searching/booking for 2adults/2children you have booked as the per the 'rules' they have stipulated. I wouldn't necessarily try this 10+ years from now for example when your kids are 14, 12, and 10 as it becomes more and more difficult as your kids get older. Ultimately it's your decision how much risk you are/aren't willing to accept.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 years later...

Sorry to hear you had to cancel this trip... thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]