SEA Seattle Midsize National

caseynd
By caseynd,
in

I would like to get a car in Seattle for as cheap as possible, but priceline and hotwire can't seem to compete price-wise with Sixt.com? I can get a Hyundai accent on Sixt for May 22nd through the 31st (9days) for $284.27. When I try bidding for that on priceline's site, I get denied even when I try to match the same overall price (comes to about $17/day before taxes on PL)

I guess my question is, am I bidding too early? should I wait till its a bit closer, or is the Sixt rate the one to go with? Thanks!

I started my bidding using the PRICELINE links on the board, you should too!

Sixt is a new company breaking into the US rental market so they may be pricing their fleet at a discount as they try to get their name out into the public (as most US residents probably never heard of them and have heard of Hertz, Avis, Alamo, etc)

Is the Sixt rate refundable? If so, book that as a back-up while you continue to try PRICELINE and HOTWIRE for a better rate.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry to see the previous rate disappeared on your, but hopefully you're pleased with the accepted PRICELINE bid for an even larger car then you were originally seeking and that you're pleased with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Have a great trip!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]