Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Milwaukee (West) Radisson Hotel Milwaukee West

CactusGolf
By CactusGolf,
in

Looking for a hotel from April 26th-30th. No luck on Priceline after expanding zones, so I looked at Hotwire.

Shown as a 3.5* hotel in Milwaukee West. 4/5 from Trip Advisor with 100+ reviews. I think it is the Crowne Plaza in Wauwatosa.

Amenities:

Free Parking

Free Internet

Indoor pool(s)

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

High-Speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Accessible for the blind

Accessible path of travel

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

I appreciate the help!

I appreciate everyone's help on this board, but I need some help with this one. I think its the Sheraton in Brookfield, WI. 500+ reviews, but didn't list a TripAdvisor rating.

3.5-star Hotel in Brookfield - Waukesha - Pewaukee

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Free Internet

Smoke Free Rooms

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Wheelchair accessible

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Travel dates are from 04/26-04/30.

A property with this amenity set has not yet been reported to the board, although i suspect that this is an already reported hotel but with a new amenity set and/or star rating.

If you look at the details of this listing it is only recommended by 65% of previous HOTWIRE guests and the criteria that HOTWIRE asks guests to rate has a bunch of 3.5/5.0 and 4.0/5.0. What i would inquire is to change your search to 2adults/2children and a 'new' 3.5* hotel appears in this zone for just a few more dollars per nite with:

Free Parking

Free Internet

Indoor Pool

Shuttle

Smoke Free

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Wheelchair Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... and a 4.0/5.0 TA rating and mostly 4.5/5.0 across the board on the criteria that HOTWIRE asks previous guests to rate (one 4.0 for 'condition of hotel'... but overall this seems like a much nicer property for just a few extra dollars)

My guess for this one would be the Sheraton... which would make the other 3.5* property more likely something different, imo.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I don't know the area but would most consider the Marriott you referenced to be 'out of the way'?

The HOTWIRE hotel above when searching for 2a/2c shows a location rating (based upon feed back from previous guests) of 4.5/5.0, so if most would consider the Marriott to be in a poor location, then this is one piece of the puzzle adding weight that this is likely NOT the Marriott. As well, the previous hotel you inquired about (when only searching for 2adults/0children) has a location rating of 3.5/5.0, so perhaps that is the Marriott? I don't know the area so i can't say if the vast majority of users would consider the Marriott to be poorly located relative to the Sheraton, but this is just more information to help in your decision.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm orginally from Milwaukee and going back to visit family.

The Sheraton is right next to Brookfield Square mall, but the Marriot West is about 10 minutes down I-94W (without traffic). There isn't much around the Marriott area compared to the Sheraton in Brookfield.

They're both in very nice locations (safe, secure), but the Sheraton is a bit closer to actual activities.

Why does the changing of the adults/children affect the hotel search results?

This board has been a ton of help!

We're glad to hear that you're finding the board helpful.

Some hotels don't allow HOTWIRE booking for more than double occupancy so the 'first' hotel drops off... sometimes the first hotel will increase its price for more than double occupancy whereas the second hotel does not, so when adding the two children the second hotel becomes the least expensive and that one is shown in lieu of the first one. (bunch of other technical reasons but these two should suffice to explain that it does indeed happen)

Please use the board PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links for all your bidding, searches and travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

• 1 month later...

We're glad to hear that you're finding the board helpful.

Some hotels don't allow HOTWIRE booking for more than double occupancy so the 'first' hotel drops off... sometimes the first hotel will increase its price for more than double occupancy whereas the second hotel does not, so when adding the two children the second hotel becomes the least expensive and that one is shown in lieu of the first one. (bunch of other technical reasons but these two should suffice to explain that it does indeed happen)

Please use the board PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links for all your bidding, searches and travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

I wanted to say thank you for all of your help!

I ended up booking the Milwaukee West 3.5* and it was the Radisson Milwaukee West for $76 per night. I called the hotel and the lowest they could do was $107.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]