FL Orlando Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress

forress
By forress,
in

Paid $56/night thru priceline, I believe the reason I got it for so cheap is because the atrium and parts of the outside was under renovation, also the streets outside the gated resort was being repaved. For the amount I paid, this did not bother me at all. As long as they are not working on the massive 1/2-acre swimming pool with 9 waterfalls, you'll love this resort.

This hotel/resort is really big. They charge a resort fee of $13/day per room which includes access to the giant pool, 3 outdoor hot tubs, tennis, golf course, horseback riding, paddle boating, canoeing, bike riding, volleyball, self car park, in-room high speed internet access, etc.

We went to the theme parks in the morning and as the lines grew in the afternoon (imagine the late-June crowd at Disney's Magic Kingdom, I live in NYC, it's like Time Sqaure on New Year's eve but with more kids and strollers and humid 95 degree heat), we went back to the resort to relax. You can actually stay inside the resort for a couples of days without getting bored.

The rooms are nice and clean, nothing fancy. Our rooms came with a small balcony. With all the activities you can do, we didn't stay in our rooms for very long, only to sleep in at night.

The location is excellent. We didn't eat in the expensive restaruants inside the hotel because within a 5 block radius you can find: the Olive Garden, Sizzler, Red Lobster, McDonalds, Burger King, IHOP, Hooter's, 7-11, Walgreens, Chinese Buffet, Denny's, The Crab House, etc etc.

There's a 110-store premium outlet 5 mins away that has a Disney and Universal Studio outlet store where you can get cheap souviners. Disney world, Seaworld, and Universal Studio theme park itself are all about 2 exits away on I-4.

It's currently ranked #4 of all hotels on Tripadvisor and it deserves this ranking. My friends and I are more than happy to pay double what we paid to stay here again.

• 2 years later...

My favorite hotel.

You could pay 10 times what you paid and it would be worth it. (Ok, slight stretch there).

Please DO take advantage of the restaurants. They are not as pricey as they should be, and its well worth it. Who wants to travel 1000 miles just to eat at an Olive Garden? I've dined at every restaurant there, and spent many a night at the various bars. You won't be disappointed.

In fact, even if you aren't staying at the Hyatt Grand Cypress, look into getting reservations at one of their restaurants. You can park for free on property if you just mention at the gate that you have reservations for dinner.

And now I'm homesick...

Miss Poofy

• 1 year later...

I stayed here last week at the Villas and while I think it was nice and clean, I think the Villas could use a little update. Our room looked old.

Also had a problem with some roaches. There were 3 that I saw and they were dead but I just don't like that we had them in our room.

I liked parking right outside of our room and the main pool at the resort.

• 1 year later...

I was just there in July for a weekend. Paid $80/night through Priceline. Resort fee is additional $20/night per room which includes bike rentals, boat rentals, rock climbing, towels by the pool and self-parking. Well worth it.

The hotel is beautiful, the pool is large & the waterfalls around the pool drown out the noise. The rooms are good size, the bathrooms are gorgeous, 32" flat screen tv's & lots of nice art on the walls. Rooms also have a refrigerator and decent size desk if you need to get some work done. I will definitely be returning to this hotel. It's one of the best in central Florida.

• 9 months later...

Stayed at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress.

I stayed 6 days at this resort and must say it is pretty top notch. Being used to New York hotels I am shocked when I see all the staff from the bell service to securities guards being friendly. The in room dining is very good I must say. If you ask for something special like extra hot sauce they will bring you that extra hot sauce.

The pool is gorgeous, and I loved the water slide as well.

The free shuttles are pretty decent but we found going to universal from 9am to 6PM was just a bit too long for us, took a taxi home instead.

Tips:

We ordered take out to be delivered from a local establishment. They wouldn't let the people in to the resort. We had to take a shuttle to the front gate, by then my phone was exploding with calls from the delivery man.

Don't take the town car they provide, it will cost you an arm and a leg. I called the yellow cab company and scheduled a pick up. Also, beware when they take you to universal it should be around $22 but the drivers take you the long way which ends up being $36...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]