Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Boston Common - Theater District) Revere Hotel

casperslc
By casperslc,
in

Please provide the names of the zone/s as well as the desired star rating. Boston is often on the more expensive side, with the only slower periods generally in the second half of the Winter. Unfortunately, $100 is not going to be likely for these dates, although how much a bid will likely take depends on star rating (a 4* in the core areas of Boston is likely going to run $140-160 +/-.)

Additionally, please post a new thread for the 7/7 stay.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Please help me find a 3 plus star in Boston on July 7 for one night. I would like to pay around $100.

These are the areas I would like to stay in:

Back bay

South Boston

Seaport / Conference Center

Quincy Market

Boston Common

Fenway

Harbor front

Cambridge East

Cambridge West

Thanks!

As far as the stars.. I would prefer 3.5 + but I will accept a 3+

As far as the stars.. I would prefer 3.5 + but I will accept a 3+

Did you want to bid up to $100/nite for a 3.5* hotel before trying for a 3*... or does lowest price prevail and your goal is the least expensive 3* or better for this trip?

Please confirm and we'll advise accordingly.

PS- please keep all posts for this leg of your trip in this thread. Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There are currently no 3.5* hotels offered in the South zone or the Fenway Park so so we will not include those in the 3.5* bidding strategy for now.

Back bay

South Boston

Seaport / Conference Center

Quincy Market

Boston Common

Fenway

Harbor front

Cambridge East

Cambridge West

When bidding 3.5* in Boston you have FIVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* Back Bay, Quincy Market, Boston Common, Harbor Front, Cambridge East, Cambridge West...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* Seaport

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* Back Bay, Seaport, Quincy Market, Boston Common, Harbor Front, Cambridge East, Cambridge West...

Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks! I am having a hard time finding the five rebid zone. The list of areas on Priceline's normal page do not correspond with the zones on the Name Your Own Price site. I think that I found four zones without 3.5 stars: Fenway, South Boston, Brookline, and Medford. What would be my fifth rebid zone?

Thank you again.

You shouldn't be on the retail side of PRICELINE when checking your re-bid zones... it's done from the bidding page screen.

If you've already read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and are still confused, try the following:

1) Use the PRICELINE search box on the upper right of this page, enter 'Boston, MA' and your dates, and click "GO".

2) List each zone that is offered in this region.

3) Next to each zone list the highest star rating offered in the zone. The way to determine the highest star rating offered in the zone is by selecting the first zone i the list, then scrolling down to see the highest star rating selectable (ie- not greyed out). NEXT UNcheck the selected zone, place a checkmark in the next zone, and repeat the process for each zone in the region. Each time you take note of the highest star rating in the zone, make sure that only ONE zone is selected above.

4) post your findings and we'll take it from there

If you don't follow the above just post back and we'll break it down further.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thank you!!!! I followed your directions and i didn't get my offers accepted. But, when i got to $100 I decided to increase the amount to $110. That was not accepted either, so i said what the hell and offered 120. I got a 4 star hotel in the perfect Boston Common location - Revere Hotel. My dad also got this same property for July 2. I am very grateful for your help and i hope my other dates and cities go this well.

Priceline also offered me to add July 4 at the same price

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're pleased with the hotel and deal you received for this leg of your trip. If you're still looking for and need help with the nite of July 7th please start a NEW TOPIC.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

My dad also got this same property for July 2.

If you didn't, please ask your dad to stop by the board and use the links/search boxes at the top of the board to begin his bidding, searches, and travel purchases.

Priceline also offered me to add July 4 at the same price

Just in case you're considering this offer, note that PRICELINE is offering you the opportunity to try for an extra nite at this same hotel... they have not yet checked availability for this additional nite and they could come back with an acceptance at the same price, but they could also indicate that they can get you a room but only for $xx more than your previous bid OR that they are unable to get you a room at this same property at any price.

Enjoy your stay and this leg of your trip.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]