Los Angeles (LAX) --> Vail (EGE)

bineplei
By bineplei,
in

Hi all,

I got bidding for hotels DOWN and love betterbidding, thank you all!

I've never bid on a flight before. Need to fly LAX to EGE this Sunday 2/17 and return 2/21.

Is there any way to see how likely it is do get a direct flight? I really want to try to score American Airlines direct flight but would love some advice how likely it is for this route? I KNOW the flight has many, many open seats but prices are now through the roof.

Thanks so much dear admin and friends!

Welcome (officially) to BetterBidding!

I got bidding for hotels DOWN and love betterbidding, thank you all!

Sounds like you've been using the board for awhile and have won some hotels over that time period. It would be appreciated if you started to share your wins with the board so that the information can help others, just as you have been helped by those who posted before you. :(

If you bid on airfare and are given a counter-offer, you can sometimes use the taxes/fees information to determine if you're looking at a non-stop or direct flight.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Is that on the 'review your bid before we submit it' page and it indicates the maximum that PRICELINE will charge in fees/taxes... or did you submit a bid and that is the counter-offer? If the latter, what bid price did you submit... what is the counter-offer?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You can't tell from this page as this is the maximum that the taxes/fees you be charged... at this point in the bidding process PRICELINE has not even checked for inventory.

You need a situation where you bid and then PRICELINE rejects your bid but states that if you're willing to bid $xx then they can accept your bid.

PS- if you're bidding $400 for a $900+ flight i would stay that has a very low chance of success... deals on airfare are worth trying, but deep discounts are far and few between in the current environment where capacity is down and filled seats per flight are high.

Then maybe it is realistic... i think i was seeing prices at $900+ when i searched earlier, and that is what i based my comments on. If you're seeing a package at $576 then your $400 is more reasonable.

You did see it right, that's why I asked for help. Regular non-stop is over 900 yet only 576 WITH a car. I thought something must be wrong. I might just book the package even though I don't need the car. I feel very insecure about name your own price as I really need the non-stop flight and I'm worried that I will get stop-over flight if I bid rather than buy the package. I was hoping to find info regarding the likelihood of getting a non-stop for this route. Thanks again

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]