Priceline Hotel: NYC - 03/13 to 03/17 - TS, MW, ME

NSSoccer
By NSSoccer,
in

Hey I've been using common strategies shared on the board for these 3 regions (TS, ME, MW) in NYC for 03/13 to 03/17.

Looking for 4* and willing to go up to 180. I actually tried this strategy over the past few days going from 150 to 220. Looking at some of the express buys tonight, I see a few going for +/- 225. I was going out of my comfort zone (price-wise) when bidding over 180.

Just looking for opinions on what could be reasonable and what prices/hotels have been seen for this time period.

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You can use our Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins to see if any wins have been reported in these zones over these dates.

Currently i would think that $180-$200 should put you in the right ballpark... when was the last time you bid as high as $220? Are you comfortable with something at ~$200 or is $180 your top bid?

Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The last time I bid 220 for all three regions was yesterday around 5:30 PM ET. It was rejected. I am comfortable going up to 200, but any money saved is great.

Since the high price is most likely due to high rates on Saturday night, I would rather not split the bid. We will be looking to spend Saturday cramming in whatever we have missed before leaving on Sunday. I would rather not waste time switching hotels.

Thanks!

Since the high price is most likely due to high rates on Saturday night, I would rather not split the bid. We will be looking to spend Saturday cramming in whatever we have missed before leaving on Sunday. I would rather not waste time switching hotels.

If you don't want to SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID that's fine, but note that the higher prices are for your midweek nites... not the weekend dates. You could even likely split 3/13-3/14 and then 3/14-3/17 and come in at an average room rate of $185 or less.

I would try bidding again up to $195 for your complete stay, if that is rejected PRICELINE EXPRESS has a 4* hotel in the MTW zone for $196/nite (showing Pet Friendly and Business Center) and you can pick that up for less than your $200 budget.

Does that work for your plans?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

With just those two amenities showing it's hard to have too much insight into this one, but a guess would be the New York Hilton or the Sheraton New York.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

• 5 months later...

Prices soared as the date approached and never came down. I ended up biting the bullet and used my travel agent to book me at the Hilton Times Square for 260$ a night. That was with a 20% discount she was able to get me. Were upgraded to king size corner suite on second last (top) floor. Incredible views and stay. Fully renovated. They even pitched in the internet for 2 nights. Was nice, but I'm hoping to find a deal on Priceline or Hotwire in the future to save a bit of $$.

Thanks for the help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]