High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Used HOTWIRE link, as always! :)

Is there also a "Room Accessible" amenity showing to be associated with this property?

Best guess for this property would be the Best Western Plus Robert Treat hotel.

Do you have reason to be in this particular zone, as this isn't the area most would look to be spending 4 nites. Are you trying to use this area as a cheaper substitute vs. staying in Manhattan?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Generally speaking this zone is not a great option as a Manhattan alternative, especially if you don't have a car, as the transportation options are not that viable (or very expensive).

While if this hotel is in fact the Best Western, it's probably one of the better hotels in the area for commuting to Manhattan, but it's also in an area that is not that great and i would be cautious about walking back to the hotel from Penn Station at nite. (i'm not exactly sure just how far this hotel is from Newark Penn Station, but i can have a look, but i would explore other options first)

How may rooms/adults/children do you need and what is your maximum budget per room per nite?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We are a group of 7 adults so we are looking for 2 rooms. Our budget, is at $100 per room. We were originally doing the Springhill suites Newark b/c we had a special rate but it wasn't available for our dates. This 2.5 @ $85 did disappear from our HOTWIRE search results.

Springhill suites is showing for around $95 only if I search for 6 guests/2 rooms as a King Suite.

Unfortunately you're budget does not leave you a lot of options.

If i'm correct on the hotel above being the Best Western, it's a half mile/10 minute walk to Newark Penn Station where you can take the PATH to Manhattan... but the issue as i pointed out is coming home at nite, it's not an area you want to be walking around.

If you stay closer to Newark Airport it's not much better as your options to get to Manhattan:

1) taxi to/from Newark Penn Station (added taxi expense)

2) hotel shuttle to the airport (time consuming) where you then have the following options:

-public bus to Newark Penn Station (cheap but slow) where you then take the PATH train to Manhattan

-shuttle bus directly to Manhattan (faster but you can hit traffic) and not cheap to use for commuting as ~$15/each way per person

-AirTrain to Newark Penn Station where you'll then take the PATH into Manhattan (this too will take take between the transfers and you're also looking at ~$12 each way per person)

As this appears to be a multi-leg trip for you and your friends/group, i would try and save money on the other legs of your trip and hopefully try to increase your budget for this leg of the trip.

I see a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal 2.5* of $69 \

Free Breakfast

Free Internet

Free Parking

Pets Allowed

Business Center

In what zone... Newark Airport? Do you still want to consider this zone with my comments above? (i'm not saying you shouldn't consider it, but as per my post, i would really try to stay elsewhere) Also, does this property list BED CHOICE as an option, because if not, all that is guaranteed is double occupancy, which means you could receive a room with only one bed.

How do you think I can do @$150 p/night p/room? Should I go the priceline route?

Are you willing to risk one bed in the room?

If you can stretch your budget a little further HOTWIRE has a 3* hotel in the Downtown zone with good reviews for $178/nite. (there are also 2.5* Downtown for $153/nite but only 40% recommended by previous guests so i'd stay away from that one)... or a 2.5* in Times Square for $160/nite with Smoke Free, Free Internet, Bathroom Accessible (i'm guessing is the St. James Hotel Times Square... looks pretty spartan but at least you'll have a good location and not spending 2+ hours of your day commuting to/from the city)

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

For the Brooklyn Hotel my guess would be the La Quinta Inn Brooklyn Downtown... for LIC perhaps the Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View or the Best Western Plaza Hotel.

I will point out that the PRICELINE EXPRESS 'Bed Choice' states "2 Beds Requested" and unless 2 beds cost more than one bed, i'm not sure what recourse you would have should the hotel only have a room with one bed available (the PRICELINE EXPRESS product is too new that we haven't heard any issues such as this arising yet, but i think there is a good argument on both sides if this issue should ever come up)

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Thanks..

I'm still unsure on what to do. I now see on Hotwire a 2.5* in LIC for $133. I did search using 7 adults. Would you think it is the same ones you suggested from Priceline express? (Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View or the Best Western Plaza Hotel.)?

Amenities are:

Free bkfast

Free Internet

Free Parking

Business Center

Fitness Center

I also ran into some apartment rentals on tripadvisor and found a perfect one. Just have mixed feelings as I read somewhere they weren't allowed and then mixed information on a Bill from 2012 that they are if they own the whole building or something like that. Do you know anything about this for they NYC area?

Besides liking 'hotel living' where somebody comes and makes your bed and cleans up the room for you, I don't favor apartment rentals from the standpoint that there is little recourse should something go wrong. With hotels there is usually some chain of command up the corporate ladder so that if there are any issues you can take the appropriate action (with those lower on the rungs trying to please you since they don't want to be the source of a complaint as you go further up the ladder)... with an apartment rental it's a private transaction and if the place is not as described (or worse the place doesn't exist or somebody doesn't meet you to give you the keys which you've paid for in advance) there is little recourse. There are some 'illegal hotels' in NYC but i don't know the specific legalities surrounding them.

My guess for the 2.5* HOTWIRE LIC property would be the Best Western Plaza Long Island City.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

If you have a car and are willing to drive into the city your options become much greater, but keep in mind $12/toll (may be a few dollars more these days as i think it just went up) and where will you park your car once in the city? (figure about $30/day unless you're traveling early enough to catch an early bird rate which are often in before 8am/10am and out by 6pm/7pm)

Which Springhill Suites in Newark, Elizabeth, some other location? What is the rate you're looking at if booking here?

If getting two rooms what is the maximum budget per room per nite? Still looking for 6/12-6/17?

Hi,

Yes same dates. I am looking at Newark Springhill on Priceline...seems rate is now at 125 p night p room.

I also get on Hotwire a Secaucus area hotel at $111 p night/p room. 3* rating and recommended by 100% of Hotwire. Amenities are:

3-star Hotel in Secaucus - Meadowlands

Free Parking

Free Breakfast

Free Internet

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

Roll-in shower

-------------------

Our Max would be 140 per room/ per night.

Could I priceline and maybe even book at same total price 3 rooms (to guarantee we will all be accomodated)? Now I have to make sure we get free hotel parking.

btw my group and I have been visiting BB quite frequently and always click through your links :)

I would look towards the Secaucus/Meadowlands area before the Elizabeth area as it will be a shorter commute to Manhattan and you also have some other options than driving all the way into the city... you could drive to the Secacus Park N Ride and leave your car there and take the bus into the city or drive to a local PATH station and take the PATH in. As well, the HOTWIRE hotel above (which i'll address in a moment) i believe is in the Harmon Meadow complex which gives you a few bars and restaurants walkable from the hotel as well as a WalMart where you can pick-up drinks, snacks, etc. to take back to your room.

My best guess for the property above would be the Hyatt Place Secaucus/Meadowlands (and given the price doesn't change i would book as 2roms/8adults to ensure sleeping accommodations for everyone if you go this HOTWIRE route)

You could bid 3rooms on PRICELINE but:

1) you may not get this hotel (which gets VERY good reviews)

2) the hotel you receive may not include breakfast (as this one does) which when considering quad occupancy per room should provide at least $25 of 'value' per room vs. if you land a hotel that does not offer breakfast and need to buy breakfast each day

3) while all the hotel i know of in the area do not charge for parking, this at least guarantees free parking since it's listed as an amenity

4) 3rooms ensures accommodations for SIX, not seven. While the hotel probably won't give you a hassle, it is possible that the hotel could take issue since there is also now a breakfast included for a non-registered guest (again, i don't think a likely issue, but i always try to prepare people for i see as the worst case scenario just so they can weigh all the possible risks)

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and are happy with the outcome.

One thing i forgot to mention about this hotel is that there is a bus stop right there so you can take the bus to the city and not have to drive.

If you find yourself on the Jersey side of the river for lunch or dinner one day this place is a short drive away (but don't go during rush hour as it will take yo forever to get there) and is very good... great pizza, heroes, dishes, etc:

Trattoria La Sorrentina

7831 Bergenline Ave

North Bergen, NJ 07047

Thank you for using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your results, helping us confirm this new amenity set for this property in the Hotwire Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]