Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Florida Keys (Key Largo) Marina Del Mar Resort and Marina

annsyrstad
By annsyrstad,
in

Hi, I love this site and have found it super resourceful. I'm a first time post-er though, so hopefully you can help me :)

We need a room for Key Largo for the night of 6/20/2013...I've already checked the hotel lists and am hoping for a 2.5 or 3* but need to know what a reasonable Priceline bid would be. I just bid $80 and was denied.

Any tips would be great!

...using this ($145) as a benchmark, how high are you willing to bid for this stay?

Your maximum bid should be some percentage of this figure, whatever discount you feel is necessary to make an 'unknown' hotel purchase worthwhile.

For some people they want a 50% discount to make purchasing an opaque hotel worthwhile to 'compensate' for the unknown factor... for other if they can save $10 it's worth it since the don't require/expect much from their hotel stays.

HOTWIRE does offer:

3.5* in Key Largo Condo for $126/nite which i'm guessing is the Ocean Pointe Suites Key Largo

3* in Key Largo for $123/nite which i believe may be the Holiday Inn Key Largo

2.5* in Key Largo for $90 for which i have no guess

By bidding for a 3* you may be looking at the $100-$120 area, but that's just a guess.

Any of the above of interest?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm not seeing the 2.5 star for 90 on HOTWIRE though?

Still showing on my own search for your dates. Try searching for 2adults/1child to see if you see it then.

Let us know how the next round of bidding goes.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Good luck!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Congrats on your success.

Hope you are pleased with the result and are looking forward to your stay.

Thank you for letting us know about this new HOTWIRE property so that we can update the site's Hotwire Hotel List.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could confirm the amenities associated with this listing. You can still view the full list of amenities assoicated with your purchase by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link on the top right of their home page, then viewing the trip information for this win.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

The amenities for the 2.5* in Key Largo are:

Free Parking

Free Breakfast

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Wheelchair accessible

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]