Priceline Hotel: 10/15-10/19

judgemom
By judgemom,
in

Trip planned with my 14 yr old daughter. Last trip for me stayed in Time Sq, now find rooms much higher than last year in Oct. Perfect location though for night walking.

If I can't stay in TS, want to stay in area convenient to TS to be able to take walks at night.

Would like to keep the price under $200, and would appreciate advice on areas to stay in, and bidding strat.. 2.5,3 or 4*. Stayed at the Quality last trip. Not really impressed with it, but location was awesome, and didn't spend much time in the room anyway.

Is it best to bid through savings barn rather than priceline direct? thank you thank you thank you

:)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

It can often take more than 2 hours for us reply to your post (in this case it took 4 hours)

If you havent' bid this yet let us know and we'll suggest a strategy to follow... it is not usually recommended to follow the strategy for somebody else whose dates are different than your own, as it can often lead to a wasted bid, or worse, an overbid.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you.

No I have not bid yet, and will happily accept strategy. I am going to try for less than 200 nite, and if it doesn't work, will :) wait until April for the trip.

Will look forward to it....

I suppose I was just a bit anxious earlier to see what my strategy might be.

I'm assuming MTE, MTW and UM/CPS zones are all fine, but if you're not comfortable with receiving a hotel anywhere in those zones report back and we'll adjust accordingly.

At the 4* level you have two re-bid zones; at the 3* level you have one. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read PRICELINE RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board. This is how i would begin to bid...

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $165, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Select 4* MTE and MTW...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $185, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $185, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $200.

============================================

If the above fails you can then try the following at the 3* level:

Select 3* MTW...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTE...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* UM/CPS...

Select 3* MTE and MTW...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTW and MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $190.

Personally i wouldn't recommend bidding less than 3* in NYC. There have been some great sub-$100 deals for Jan-Mar '06 at the 3* level in MTW if you end up postponing your trip.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you thereuare....I'll try bidding this week...from previous postings, I am not confident I will find anything within my budget now...But I'm going to try....

I'll post my findings....MTW,E,CPS are really the only areas I'm familiar with, thats why I chose those...Not sure about MTC...

I was not complaining about the time....I am just very busy working (on the computer) and be in court a couple of days this week. Also living on the coast of La, am now preoccupied with a hurricane...

But please have a look at my origional post time and date.... :)

Posted: Aug 27 2005, 11:14 PM

I'll post my results...Thank you for your help

• 11 months later...

Came here same time last year for help bidding on a hotel in NYC...Then Rita struck dead center of our town, and naturally put off the trip...Now my daughters and I are in the planning stage again....

We were looking at Oct 21-25, 4 nights MTW, not sure about CPS or MTE, want to be centrally located and able to go out walking safely at night and not get too lost....

Would I be better off splitting nights for a lower price?

Dates are flexable so could even change those if it would help get a lower price. One daughter is still in school so definately looking to include wknd.

Won't be in the room that much, just to sleep so even considered a 2 *.....Long as its clean and convenient.

I read where someone received a discount for being a gov employee, but so far havent found a hotel that gives that discount in NYC.

Any advice?

Thanks.... :)

This is likely going to be an expensive time of year... what is your maximum bid?

Are you seeking more than double occupancy?

Personally i'd be comfortable bidding MTE, MTW, and UM/CPS to be centrally located, but it's your stay so only you know what you'll be happy with

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]