Priceline Hotel: Ft. Lauderdale help 3/15- 3/17

de13
By de13,
in

Hi, I was hoping you could help me. I have read the suggestions and am trying to get a 2 night hotel pre-cruise from 3/15 -3/17 in Ft. Lauderdale by the port and beach. I am bidding rates similar to other winning bids, but not sure if I am too low during this time? When I search hotels in area using same parameters, there are about 14 available with rates from $152 +.

Here is what I am doing:

1. bid 4 * - zone 2 - $82

2. bid 4 * - zone 2, 5 - $88

3. bid 4 * - zone 2, 5, 3 - $92

4. bid 4 * - zone 2, 5, 3, 4 - $98

Any help is appreciated. not sure if I am too low, or if I need to lower * level.

Thank you.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The zone numbers will change whenever PRICELINE adds, removes, or changes the names of any of the zones... please list the zones you are bidding, by PRICELINE name, and we'll have a closer look at rates for your dates.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The current zone numbers don't associate with the zone names, but i'll assume the names are the correct zones that you had bid.

Few questions/points...

The Airport North and Airport zones don't offer 4* hotels... are you using these as re-bid zones OR did you think it was possible to win a 4* hotel in these zones? If you're using these as re-bid zones, you actually have FIVE re-bid zones when bidding 4* in the Fort Lauderdale region. If you're not familiar with re-bidding see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board (highly recommended) before bidding.

What 4* hotels are you seeing at $152/nite for your dates in these zones, as i'm seeing rates starting at $259+ for your dates.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes I was using as re-bid knowing there werent 4* hotels there. The hotel was the Westin at the lower end, which I know isn't in a good location for me. Do you think I just need to expect to bid higher this weekend? I saw another post on a following weekend that someone got for a good rate. I definitely am using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links, thank you!

Yes I was using as re-bid knowing there werent 4* hotels there.

Do you know how to determine your FIVE re-bid zones?

The hotel was the Westin at the lower end, which I know isn't in a good location for me.

Are you referring to the Westin at 400 Corporate Drive? If so, this property is in the Fort Lauderdale NORTH zone which is not a zone that you're bidding... what is the best rate for a 4* hotel within the zones that you're bidding?

From MAPS and HOTELS.com if you're seeing rates of $259+ like i did when i searched the other day, then at the moment i do think you're going to need to bid higher.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

I was trying for those same dates for pre-cruise 4* (Downtown) and had no success even up to 2x what I paid in 2011. I understand it is a super busy weekend for the port so availability is tight. Finally bailed and reserved via an online hotel booking engine that allows cancellation and will try bidding closer to the date to see if I can catch a bargain. Good luck!

Did they charge you the first night on your Credit Card in advance for deposit?

It depends upon the booking service and/or hotel used.

If you use our MAPS and HOTELS.com in the PRICELINE tab you can look for 'Pay When You Stay' rates which should not charge your credit card at all prior to your arrival (although you may need to give a credit card as a 'deposit' in case you no-show and/or don't cancel within the allotted time frame)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]