Hotwire Hotel: Question 4.5* hotel Singapore

Hannie
By Hannie,
in

I am looking for a Singapore hotel july 30- august 1 for 3 persons.

When I surge for two people i get a 4.5* orchard $188 90% Hotwire recommended. I don't get this result for 3 people.

Amenities:

Free Parking

Free Internet

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

My guess would be Royal Plaza on the Scotts.

What should happen when I book this deal and we come with 3 persons?

regards from the Netherlands,

Hannie

Please follow-up your previous Hotwire Pompano Beach thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip, then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at and comment on your post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What should happen when I book this deal and we come with 3 persons?

A few possibilities...

You may be able to check-in without any issue OR

the hotel could require an additional fee for the additional guests OR

if standards rooms are only for double occupancy, they could require you to upgrade to the larger size room (assuming there is availability)

The most likely issue that you'd encounter is that their standard room only has one bed and you'd then need to deal directly with the hotel to work out a rollaway (if available), a room with two beds, or an upgraded room... any of which they hotel would be within their right to charge more for.

The worst that could happen is the hotel could deny you a room (if triple occupancy violates fire code of their 'standard' room) and the hotel is otherwise sold-out and no ability to obtain a room for three people (even if at an additional fee)

Is this a risk you're willing to accept?

I'd agree that the best guess for the property above would be the Royal Plaza on Scotts.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 months later...

I am very surprised to see a 1* hotel voor $261 . Do you think this is a mistake?

I would have no reason to think this is a mistake... for whatever hotel this is, that is the price.

Each hotel sets their own prices based upon their own underlying supply/demand... no sense in thinking about it too much other than to know that you can get a better deal elsewhere.

Almost booked this hotel but then saw that the ameneties were missing free internet and smoke free.

So i am afraid this is not the Royal plaza on the scotts.

Singapore Orchard

4 1/2*

2 adults 1child

$186

july30-aug 1 (2 nights)

Free Parking

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

High-Speed Internet Access

Spa Services

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Any idea what this could be if it is not the Royal Plaza.

• 2 weeks later...

Decided not to wait if there is coming a good price on Hotwire. Also because I want a room with 1 king bed and a roll away.

So I have to pay a lot extra for a roll away ( about sgd 60-80 per night) I don't think it will be cheaperon Hotwire this way.

Booked a family room at the York hotel true a regular bookingsite.

There was only 1 room left, so decided to take it. Thougt they say this to let you book earlier, but when I looked later on it was sold out!

Thanks for closing this thread with your decision and hope you're looking forward to your trip.

Please check for and use the links in our Support Page whenever possible for your non-opaque purchases, as we have links there to most of the major hotel chains and online booking agencies.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]