Priceline Hotel: Help ID Downtown Disney/Orlando Resort Priceline Express

dvcgirl
By dvcgirl,
in

makes sense, would enjoy staying there but with the daily fee being $28 (resort/transportation fee of $16 and parking of recent mandatory $12 per night fee for parking, park shuttles, etc, regardless of whether you use those services) am going to keep an eye on it before booking to see if drops any if people start balking at the new $12 fee.

Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort also has $16 fee, not sure if it's considered a 'resort' by priceline. wouldn't want to book it

thank you, if i decide to book, will use this site.

Let us know whatever you end up doing for this trip or if we can be of further help along the way.

If you're looking for something in particular you can also try our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com which makes it easy to see how much more/less it would cost to go up/down in star rating OR to stay closer/further for your first choice of location.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

now digging aroundHotwire please help ID for same dates 2 adults, six nights (6/8 to 6/14)

4-star Hotel in Lake Buena Vista - Downtown Disney

$94 night (other sites $219) $15 daily resort fee

recommended by 85% hotwire guests

4 1/2* tripadvisor

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s) .

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

4.5-star Hotel in Lake Buena Vista - Downtown Disney

$114 night (other sites $269) $22 daily resort fee

rec 100% hotwire guests

4-1/2* trip advisor

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

Children's Activity Program

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

In-room accessibility

Wheelchair accessible

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

For the 4* hotel are you still seeing a Business amenity associated with this property as i'm seeing a 4* hotel in this zone for $94/nite with the amenities you posted... but no Business amenity as you have listed. If you're stilling seeing the listing with Business showing, are you searching for more than one room or for something other than the default 2adults/0children?

NOTE that HOTWIRE indicates that the 4.5* property has a $22/nite resort fee and the 4* property (the one i'm seeing) has a $15/nite resort fee... are you willing to pay these resort fees on top of the room rates shown?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

RE paying the resort fees with the stated price:

*If the 4-1/2 * also had just the $22 resort fee with no additional self parking charge, it would depend on the property. If the Hyatt Grand Cypress (unlikely as I believe their resort fee was at least $25 the last time i visited) or their Villas (possible $22 fee, don't see parking fee listed on their site) i'd be very tempted.

*As to the 4 * property, again, if either of the above properties fit they'd be a strong consideration.

For comparison sake, under the existing promo the current rate for a disney value resort 'room only' for my dates is currently pricing @ $850.

My search for 1 room, 2 adults & just checked the 4* properties, it appears to have increased by $2 a night, plus the $15 fee

4-star Hotel in Lake Buena Vista - Downtown Disney

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Unfortunately i don't have a guess for the 4.5* hotel, and i'm not seeing the same hotel as you at the 4* level so i'm unable to investigate it further.

Since this an extended stay you could see if this same property is offered for the first (or last) nite of your stay and then again for the balance. If so, you could purchase the solo nite in order to 'look behind the curtain'. If you're happy with the results purchase the remaining nites, if not, make alternate plans for the balance of your stay.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

If you are paying attention to that opportunity and can remember this post, I would love you to PM me with what you find. I will keep an eye out here. I am struggling to do a similar thing. I need two rooms - one for four and one for two.... and I want to do the resort thing but want easy walkable interest like Downtown Disney or Boardwalk as we will be abandoning two people for an entire day while we hit Playa Linda (wonderful beach) north of the Cape launch facilities. They are non-beach goers so I want them to be able to do things without the car.

Good luck.

oldAGE,

Near the top right side of the board (under the PRICELINE search box) is a button "Watch Topic". If you click that you will be emailed any time there is a reply to this thread and you don't need to ask somebody else to send you a PM when they reply. ;)

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board for your own bidding, searches, and travel purchases, and if you'd like help with your own stay, please start a NEW TOPIC.

Thanks.

DVC,

nice user name, I take you post on DISboards too? lol

are you renting a car or/driving to disney?

I would never stay at Disney unless I stayed at a Deluxe hotel (grew up staying at GF always) but Disney is just plain raping people on the prices lately (in all categories).

As someone who goes to Disney a ton (usually a full weekend a month and 1 or 2 day trips) I usually bid in the 4* Sea World catagory on PRICELINE and can get a spot for half the asking price of this hotel plus most of them have little to no resort fee and parking is much cheaper.

Shingle Creek is a usual spot for me from PRICELINE usually under $60 a night with no resort fee and I believe parking is around $10, its free if you or someone traveling with you is legally disabled.

its also right off the expressway so i can be turning onto Disney property in 15 mins of leaving the hotel.

Bottom line start bidding on PRICELINE at $45 4*only and go up in $5 increments until you snag it, with 4* there are lots of free rebid zones. Just make sure none have resorts that dont have 4*.

With this way you will save a TON even if you have to pay to rent a car besides having an extra convenience and you will be staying at a 4-Diamond hotel vs an overpriced motel.

haha yep, on the DIS. onsite prices are ridiculous last few years. We go down a couple times a year, typically rent a car which is now a 'penalty' at so many of the offsite resorts grrr.

didn't think of looking @ SeaWorld area or Shingle Creek, although it's the way we drive in from MCO.

Would love to stay @ Gaylord Palms but not Omni so bidding in that area makes me nervous.

Thanks for the input, still watching and waiting. Somebody has to book that 4-1/2 star hotel sooner or later and report here. :)

Somebody has to book that 4-1/2 star hotel sooner or later and report here.

Maybe it'll be you ;)

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin all your future bidding, searching and travel purchases.

Good luck and keep us udpated on your progress.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

driving by to close out the thread. Wound up cancelling the onsite WDW res and went directly with a promo rate @ the DTD Hilton which included the extra magic hours perk. Did keep checking hotwire but couldn't beat the price for the hotel although there were several other 4 star DTD properties that were $10 to $15 less a night.

now to start digging for October and January travel B)

That 4.5 Star Lake Buena Vista resort with $22 fee was probably the Hilton Bonnett-Creek. I did end up booking directly with Hhonors for a four night stay there (why I was tracking this thread). At certain times, you just need to do what you have to do. In the end, they released a pile of rooms that drove the cost down to $142/night for my stay. Yes, there was a $22 resort fee and a $16?? daily self-parking fee. I saw HOTWIRE rates for 5 stars for the sister property (Waldorf Bonnett-Creek which is right next door) for just over $200 at the time of booking.

Both hotels were very nice. The pool at the Hilton was great for kids (although they could have had a deeper and isolated section for adults) and there was plenty of service -- pool bar opened until 11pm, food and snacks available, coffee shop, four restaurants, etc... Of course, everything has a price and expect to pay dearly. The grounds of the two properties were lovely and before the first Tee Time, you could walk the 18 hole golf-course safely.

A very short ride to all the Disney Properties as this is within the "Main Gate" but it's further down a new road so "walking" anywhere was not an option.

Hope this helps.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

sorry, didn't know doh

oldAGE good rate for that property, it's on our radar. Below is recap of our 4 night stay @ the DTD Hilton, doesn't include the parking fee ($13? per day) but a good deal for a nice, quiet onsite hotel with the disney extra magic hours.

Rate per night:

67.20 USD 08 Jun 2013 - 11 Jun 2013

79.20 USD 11 Jun 2013 - 12 Jun 2013

Total for Stay per Room:

Rate 280.80 USD

Resort Charge 88.00 USD

Taxes 46.10

USD Total 414.90 USD

Total for Stay: 414.90 USD

Includes estimated taxes and service charges. (Gratuities not included.)

• 4 years later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]