Priceline Hotel: Help: 3 in 1 room at Intercontinental The Barclay

jjoy
By jjoy,
in

Hi there!

I'm going to go to NYC next month with two other friends and we are lucky to 1 room at Intercontinental the Barclay from Priceline! It is a pity that I didn't find this website before we started the bidding. Or I will use the link here to access priceline.com.

Just now I checked the hotel's website and found that they will charge $50 for an extra person!!! Now the problem is that there are 3 people in our group. Do we need to pay the extra fee??? Can we negotiate with the people at frontdest to avoid the payment? This is the first time for us to go to NYC. Your advice will be highly appreciated.

--Joy

Actually we just tried to bid once and then we got the hotel;).

We chose MTE & 4 star, then we gave the price $130, and the system informed us that we got the deal! It was amazing! After this, we thought that we should have started with a lower price :).

Our stay at the hotel will be Sep 12-Sep 15.

Hope it helps!

-Joy

All priceline 'wins' are guaranteed for double occupancy... something you should be aware of for future bids (the hotel would be within their right to only give you a room with one bed and no room for a roll-a-way, as is the case in many NYC hotel rooms). This is the reason we often recommend not using Priceline in NYC for more than double occupancy, as the rooms are notoriously small.

I would only go up to the check-in desk with one person (or two) and ask nicely for a room with two beds. If you look at the Inter-Continental Reviews from some of our users they have had good success at getting a room with two beds... and at no additional charge. :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]