By Blackmagic,
in

Your Offer Price: $50.00

Number of Rooms: 2

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $100.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $22.56

Total Charges: $122.56

Well, this was a struggle, but it yields a new hotel for the board, and a nice one at that.

Started out looking for a 2.5* in Brookfield last Monday. Bid $37 - rejected, took free rebid at $40 - rejected. The bad news being that these bids blocked me from my normal Sheraton-Brookfield at 3*, at least for the time being. So I thought I'd settle for the Holiday Inn Express in Germantown at 2*. Starting at Franklin, WI gives you 32 free rebid's for a 2*, so I started at $35 and rebid adding a dollar each time. Rejected 5 times before I gave up when $39 was rejected.

Discovered today that this weekend in Milwaukee there is a rock concert, the Milw. Brewers at Miller Park, and Nascar and USAC races at the Milwaukee Mile, thus a lot of hotels are full. The Sheraton seemed to have rooms available, so I decided to just go after a room there with a $45 bid - rejected with a counter offer of + $13. Took my free rebid at $48 - rejected with a counter of + $14. He's toying with me... Added Pewaukee zone and upped my bid to $50 - I'll show them - Congratulations, you got your price of $50 for a 3-star hotel room --- The Marriott Milwaukee West in Waukesha, WI!

This is a very highly regarded new hotel (opened 2004?) in the Pewaukee zone, just up Hwy 94 from Brookfield, so all's well that ends well. It's rated very highly in Trip Advisor, and if it's as good as the reviews, we may have a new favorite in Milwaukee.

As always, started all these bids from the SavingsBarn.com.

Thanks for a great site...

Great news all around!

Looks like a great deal. Thank you for adding this new property to our lists and for using the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com to begin your purchase... we appreciate them both!

Hopefully this hotel will come easier in the future!

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]