202-898-1100

Your Offer Price: $46.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $46.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$13.52

Total Charges: $59.52

Bids of up to $59 rejected for following night, 8/29; including white house, conv. ctr., and dupont zones at 2.5 star. Don't know if it is worth it to try the add a night feature next.

Wow, you scored a real bargain here! Marriott website shows a rate of $219 for that date - you saved over 80% and they give you a hot breakfast and free high speed internet. This property has come up often in this area for 2.5* at some terrific rates! Enjoy your stay, hope you are able to add on that second night.

Thanks guys for the comments. I was surprised to get this on the first try, but I thought it was worth a shot since Sunday nights are often difficult for hotels to fill. This is also close to where I need to be on Sunday.

Looks like from the rules I have until midnight Sat. to try the add a night feature, so I guess I will try sometime tomorrow. I don't think this affects ability to bid again in 72 hours, so I can still try for Monday the regular bidding way after I check in Sunday if it comes down to it. Otherwise, I have backup plans.

Wow ! This is very interesting, never seen this before. Apparently the Residence inn does have Priceline rates for the following night, it is just slightly more expensive: $186 versus $46 for Sunday night!! See below. I don't need the room bad enough to spend over $200 more for the second night, so I guess I will decline. I wonder how much Priceline pads on from the hotel's Priceline rate when they make this kind of counterproposal? How often does this kind of thing happen? I know there is more demand for rooms Monday, but that still is quite a jump in their Priceline rate.

QUOTE: WE HAVE A GREAT DEAL FOR YOU!

We searched the Residence Inn Washington Vermont Avenue, however we were not able to find an additional night for your price of $46 per room, per night. Your credit card has not been charged for Request Number XXX. During our search we found a rate of $186 per room, per night. If you are willing to accept this new price, you can get your additional night right now.

Act fast - Hotel inventory is constantly changing and these rooms are subject to availability. To accept this new price just review your offer details and follow the steps below.

Your Offer Details

Check-In Date:

Monday, August 29, 2005 Check-Out Date:

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Hotel:

Residence Inn Washington Vermont Avenue

1199 Vermont Avenue

Washington, District Of Columbia 20005

202-898-1100

Summary of Charges

Additional Nights: 1

Number of Rooms: 1

Room Cost (per room, per night): $186.00

Subtotal: $186.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $34.18

Total Cost: $220.18

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]