Priceline Hotel: Oahu Five Star Hotels - 4/1-8

Here4Beer
By Here4Beer,
in

Scanned several pages with no results. (cannot search for 5* either).

Would like some historical info on $$$ and hotels. I see that the Trump and Royal Hawaiian are current 5 stars on Oahu. Would like a shot at the Halekulani. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT - I searched "Halekulani" and found a bit of info. Most importantly the "we don't see many 5* wins for PL here."

You can use our Priceline Maps to search for the entire region of Oahu and then limit your search to 5* hotels. However, we have not yet had any 5* hotels reported to the board in this region thru PRICELINE, i believe 5* was only included in the options not too long ago, and those who have tried have stopped before going as high as was necessary.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Big Blue - I tried to use the maps feature but the map frames never filled in. Perhaps its an issue with my browser (FireFox) or just user error but the fields were never populated from the location info I plugged into the PL pop-up window.

BTW, I use the link to PL in the quickquote above. I trust that works to benefit this site. Thanks for the info and your efforts here. Great service.

Yes, the QUICKQUOTE boxes above are fine to use, thanks.

I almost soley use FireFox (except when testing the site in other browsers) and the Priceline Maps should work fine... it sounds like you''re not starting in the right place. Not in the PRICELINE window, but on the maps page, on the left do you see where it says CITY AND ZONE? Begin typing there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

No, you don't need to start with the state abbreviation...

'Honolulu' is not in the zone names at all but using your example above:

HI - Oahu (Waikiki Marina)

You could have started your search with 'Oahu', 'Waikiki', or 'Marina'

HOWEVER, all a moot point now as i've made a quick edit and starting with 'Honolulu' will now work as well. :) (thanks for the suggestion)

• 2 weeks later...

Inventory looks pretty sparse at the moment, likely due to the Easter Holiday.

My guess is at the moment you'll likely need to be closer to the $160-$170 area.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and keep us updated on your progress.

• 1 month later...

Here is current info for benefit of others.

Up to $162 for a 4* in the Waikiki Marina area without a hit.

There is a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal for $178-$199 (4*, Waikiki Marina, 7/10 rating). This location is without a doubt the Hawaii Prince Hotel (not the Waikiki Prince, which is a dump). The express rates are actually $178 / $189 / $199 for "beds" classified as Vista, Prime and Top. Rack rates for these rooms are $269 / $299 / $319. The classifications are actually the floor levels of the hotel (vista=10-19, prime=20-29 and top is floors 30, 32 and 33). Floors below 10 are classified as Marina and aren't included in the express deal.

My choices are:

1) take the express deal at Hawaii Prince,

2) wait for something to develop last minute,

3) Book a room at the Modern Honolulu for 3 bills +

I think your choices come down to personal preference but will add, just in case you didn't see it, that using the link and code in my signature will save you another 5% on a PRICELINE EXPRESS property.

As well, if you do decide to wait and hope for a last minute deal, i would book a fully refundable back-up reservation to protect you from rates rising even further from here and/or hotels selling out.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]