Hotwire Hotel: HELP Identify 4* Kansas City Downtown

bigjohn
By bigjohn,
in

I did a Hotwire search for 3/13 - 3/16 in Downtown KC. Returned two 4* properties. 1st one listed Restaurant, Business Center, Pool as amenities, and the 2nd one did not list amenities at all.

I have never seen this before. I assume the 1st property is either the Sheraton or Westin. I'm hoping the 2nd might be Hotel Phillips, but I'd like to be able to learn more.

If you scroll over "see all" next to the listing showing amenities, do you see other amenities beyond the ones above? If so, please provide the full list and we would be happy to try to ID the listing. For the listing that isn't showing amenities, if you click "see details" to go to the detail page, are there amenities showing on the detail page? If so, list the complete set here. If there are no amenities showing it's difficult to begin to narrow down what the listing may be.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hotel 1

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

Accessible for the blind

Pool(s)

Accessible for the deaf

Fitness Center

In-room accessibility

High-Speed Internet Access

Business Center

Accessible bathroom

Spa Services

Recommended in 95% of Hotwire customer reviews

Hotel #2

No amenities shown

Recommended in 85% of Hotwire customer reviews

I've never encountered a hotel that did not show an amenities list. This is strange!

Hotel 1

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

Accessible for the blind

Pool(s)

Accessible for the deaf

Fitness Center

In-room accessibility

Business Center

Accessible bathroom

Spa Services

Please double check and confirm the full list of amenities as i believe there are more (besides Restaurant which you included in your first post but not in the list above... is that still present?)

Hotel #2

No amenities shown

I've never encountered a hotel that did not show an amenities list. This is strange!

If you click the 'See details' link to the right of this offer, on the ensuing page do you see amenities associated with this property? If you then click 'See all amenities' you'll see the complete list (which if it's the same hotel i'm being offered there are 14 amenities)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hotel 1

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

Accessible for the blind

Pool(s)

Accessible for the deaf

Restaurant(s) ***Oops accidentally omitted the first time

Fitness Center

In-room accessibility

Business Center

Accessible bathroom

Spa Services

Hotel #2 **Wow. I must have looked at that 6 times and did not see the amenities link!**

Free Internet

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Please confirm this is what you're seeing for Hotel 1 (as they differ from your list above):

Smoke Free

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Spa

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... if this is what you're seeing it matches previous reports for the Westin Crown Center so that would be my best guess for this property.

My guess for the second property would be the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Those are the amenities for Hotel #1.

I just refreshed the search, and now Hotel #2 is no longer showing up. However, there is a 3 1/2* Downtown, amenities

Smoke Free

Accessible path of travel

Accessible bathroom

Business Center

Fitness Center

Laundry facilities (self-service)

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

In-room accessibility

Accessible for the deaf

Boutique Hotel

High-speed Internet Access

Looks like the 3.5* didn't last long. I'm guessing it was the Holiday Inn/Aladdin in the Power&Light District. That is the area that I am most interested in. $103 is more than I'm willing to pay for the Westin or Sheraton. I will keep checking periodically and update if I see any changes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]