Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Phoenix (Tempe - ASU) Fiesta Inn Resort

BobbyC777
By BobbyC777,
in

Gang -

I actually read the FAQ so if I mess up at least I tried to do it correctly.

Looks to me like "smoke free room" is not an amenity until you get to 3* or more - at least in Tempe. That's harsh!

All I really need is a place to sleep so don't want to pay more than I have to in Tempe-ASU area but I sure don't want to be in a smokey room.

Am I interpreting this correctly?

Thanks!

Bob

There are both smoking available and completely non-smoking hotels at all star levels, but all that really matters is what is offered for your specific dates of travel.

What are the dates of your stay? What is your maximum budget per nite for this trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the response. I now have a better understanding of the smoking issues. With both PRICELINE and HOTWIRE one does not know what hotel they will get so you are really taking a chance on whether they end up with a non-smoking room. Maybe the odds of getting what you want are good but no guarantee.

My travel dates are 2/20 - 2/24 (4 nights). I'd like to keep the total hotel tab to around $300 or $75/night. I won't be spending much time at the hotel but not sure I am willing to take a chance on getting a smoking room. The odor gets into your clothes and you're stuck with it.

Bob

With smoke-free, the only way to really guarantee it is by finding a listing with smoke-free as an amenity on HOTWIRE. Is there a listing of interest showing on HOTWIRE for your date/s? If so, please provide the complete details (star rating, amenities, zone, price) and we would be happy to take a look and try to ID the listing.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

When searching HOTWIRE there for 2adults/2children (it didn't appear when i search for just 2adults/0children) there is a 3.5* hotel in the Tempe-ASU zone for $65/nite that shows Smoke Free along with others:

Free Parking

Shuttle

Smoke Free

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Spa

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Wheelchair Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

If interested in this HOTWIRE offer my guess would be the Fiesta Resort Conference Center.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The only 3.5* place in "Tempe - ASU Area" that I see now has no link to Amenities. There is a 3.5* that matches with the amenities listed below but that is $104 at this point (1/27). Perhaps it was $65 and went to $104. Pretty hard to get excited about a place when NO amenities are listed.

Gang -

Most important - I used BetterBidding link to go to Hotwire to book my stay.

Here are amenities listed BEFORE making the deal:

Free Parking

Shuttle

Smoke Free

Fitness

Pool

Business Ctr

Hi-Speed Internet

Restaurants

Spa

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Room Accessible

Wheelchair Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

Access. path of Travel

Interesting observations:

I had seen this listing last night for $65 but this morning I could find NO AMENITIES listed. But my wife pulled it up on her computer and she got the amenities and it listed how many rooms left which mine did not. So I went to Better Bidding on her PC and used the link to get to HW and booked it.

I will report back after my trip. The Hotel's own site is advertising rooms for about $146.

My total for 4 nights with all fees & taxes is quoted at $310.

Thanks for your help - stay tuned!

Bob

No... until recently HOTWIRE used to only show one hotel per star rating per zone. Maybe a month ago they started to show more than one hotel per star rating per zone on some searches, and even more recently they have begin to show some hotels with no amenities at all (although i'm sure they're just 'hiding' the amenities as you experienced above, not that the hotel has no amenities to report). I'm not sure why they would choose to show some hotels with no amenities as i'm sure these are not booked very often, but at least there are no additional offering(s) in a given zone.

Enjoy your stay, and glad we were able to help in you receiving a non-smoking hotel since this was a primary concern for you for this trip.

Enjoy your stay.

• 1 month later...

Just back from my Phoenix trip where I stayed at Fiesta Inn Resort in Tempe. I was very satisfied with the place. Big room, mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker. BIG pool and hot tub. All the rooms I saw had NO SMOKING signs on the door. The area was quiet, good parking. Even the restaurant food was good. I liked the place and felt I got a good deal.

I booked through HOTWIRE via Better Bidding. Room rate for this 3.5 place was $65/night with about $12.50/night for taxes, etc.

Bob

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]