Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (Fishermans Wharf) Holiday Inn Fishermans Wharf

DivaJan
By DivaJan,
in

We are planning a trip to SF in Sept 2013 (obviously, given the title), which is a bit dicey because of America's Cup.

I've been browsing the site to see what kind of pricing we could expect in Sept 2013, but as it's a bit distant, the info is a little hard to find. So I was wondering if any of the regulars might have any hints or tips? And of course, I will be using the BB links for Priceline, as always.

TIA!

Welcome (officially) to BetterBidding!

And of course, I will be using the BB links for Priceline, as always.

Your message implies that you have used the board before, but this is your first post. If you've used the board and/or HOTWIRE and PRICELINE in the past, it would be appreciated if you begin to share your wins with the board so that others can benefit from the information, just as you are trying to benefit from those who have posted before you. Above you state that there is not much info on the board for September right now, but what is somebody has won a hotel in this area for the same timeframe/dates as you, but for similar reasons have not posted their win. ;)

We are planning a trip to SF in Sept 2013 (obviously, given the title), which is a bit dicey because of America's Cup.

What are the actual dates of your trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Family drama re: vacation, all is well now, here's the info:

-May 4/5 to 11

-Preferably 3 and above, but would do 2.5

-$800 or less, if possible

We'd like to stay within easy walk/transit, so I was looking at:

-Financial/Embarcadero (2)

-Fisherman's Wharf (3)

-Marina/Lombard (5)

Absolutely taking recommendations on other possible areas, though.

Please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links, then reply to this thread and we'll have a close look at your trip above.

I assume your starting date will depend upon the price of the hotel in order to come in close to the $800 budget? Is that $800 for the room rate only or all-in including taxes/fees? If the latter, please indicate your budget in terms of room rate only before fees/taxes.

Also, to confirm the dates your now looking at May, correct? (as opposed to September as per your topic title)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So to confirm the following zones are acceptable:

Financial/Embarcadero

Fisherman's Wharf

Marina/Lombard

USE

USW

At both the 3* and 2.5* levels you have ONE re-bid zone. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* Financial, FW, Marina...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* USE and USW...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* USE, FW, Marina...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Financial and USW...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Financial, FW, USE...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Marina and USW...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Financial, FW, Marina, USE...

Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Financial, FW, Marina, USW...

Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* USE, USW, Financial, FW...

Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* USE, USW, Financial, Marina...

Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* USE, USW, Financial, FW, Marina...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100

Any questions feel free to ask. If the above is rejected you can close your browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE, and try again using 2.5* as the star rating.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Thanks! I have read about rebidding, and if I understand it correctly, I might have a problem with rebid zones at a 3*, as when I checked the listing, EVERY zone had a 3* available. Any advice?

Clicking specifically on Richmond this evening, I'm seeing 2* as the highest star rating; are you also seeing the same max rating when clicking on only this zone?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

What is your game plan going forward... wait it out and hope for lower prices in the weeks ahead OR change your star rating, budget or add other zones?

Using MAPS and HOTELS.com what is the best rate you're able to find at an acceptable hotel for these dates.

EDIT TO ADD: using this PRICELINE EXPRESS link i see a 3* hotel in the Marina zone for $128/nite. Using coupon code PLAYOFFS for 10% brings your all-in price to $832 for May 5-11. Would this work for your needs?

Wow, what a tip, thank you!

When I click on the 3* Marina for $129/nt and use the code PLAYOFFS, I get a total price of $979, as we are May 4-11. However that is a really nice offer and I am going to look farther into it!

My plan was to likely book a 2.5 for $120/nt and increase the budget. I was starting to go blind! :D

-May 4/5 to 11

I used the dates of May 5-11 since I though you would use the shorter stay in order to get closer to your desired $800 all-in.

Keep us updated on your progress/decision and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]