Priceline Hotel: Bidding advice- Vail/Beaver creek 2/16-2/19

Bailey212
By Bailey212,
in

I am hoping to get some advice on bidding for a standard hotel room (myself and husband, no kids), in either Vail or Beaver creek areas, for either a resort or 4* hotel. The dates are February 16-19. I would like to keep it under $200 but am willing to go up to $250. (Now I'm wondering if this would even be possible due to the dates being close to Valentines Day and Presidents' Day.) I was surprised to see that in Vail, the average resort price is lower than the average 4* price. Since that is the case, would it be better to first start my bidding on the resort or the 4*? Would it be better to wait until closer to the travel dates? Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you haven't yet, please start by reading your messages.

...either a resort or 4* hotel.

Are you willing to pay more for a Resort vs. a 4* OR is the goal the least expensive 4* or better for this trip?
I was surprised to see that in Vail, the average resort price is lower than the average 4* price. Since that is the case, would it be better to first start my bidding on the resort or the 4*?
If you're referring to the median retail price shown by PRICELINE it is best to ignore this information. As well, when you bid on PRICELINE the star rating you choose is the minimum that you're willing to accept, so even if you bid 4* and a less expensive Resort property is available at your bid price, PRICELINE will upgrade your star rating and award you the Resort class property.

Would it be better to wait until closer to the travel dates?

Nobody can say if rates will come down, or move even higher, between now and your stay, but for a further discussion on this subject please see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ. HOwever, if you're concerned with these dates being high demand, then it would seem now would be better then waiting, and you are only 3 weeks away from this trip.

Let us know the information above and if you're ready to start bidding now we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At current rates i think you'll need to get at least closer to your $250 budget, but we will start lower since you have a little bit of time and try every 24 hours.

When bidding 4* in the Vail region you have TWO re-bid zones (NOTE: Keystone is NOT one of them!) If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Vail...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $200, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Beaver Creek...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $200, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Vail and Beaver Creek...

Bid $210, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $215, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $220

If the above is rejected wait 24 hours from your last rejected bid, and once again starting with this PRICELINE link, re-try:

Select 4* Vail...

Bid $225, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $230, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $235, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Beaver Creek...

Bid $225, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $230, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $235, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Vail and Beaver Creek...

Bid $240, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $245, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $250

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]